If we come away with anything from last night's results

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
Is that we as fans need to stop complaining and start pouring into our football program. If we want to have a seat at the table, we need to put up or shut up. I will do my part but as my favorite leadership guru John C. Maxwell says "teamwork makes the dream work."

It's time we get all in Tech football.

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob
Is that we as fans need to stop complaining and start pouring into our football program. If we want to have a seat at the table, we need to put up or shut up. I will do my part but as my favorite leadership guru John C. Maxwell says "teamwork makes the dream work."

Agreed. We can't do anything about the current imbalance between Tech & ugag. But, we can concentrate on being competitive and winning the ACC coastal division. After that Tech can play for the ACC title and go from there. Baby steps from our present situation to the future. That's all we/Tech can do!

Tell me more about your charity that is paying every OL that maintains eligibility $50,000/yr like they have at Texas.

Tell me more about your billionaire cocaine real estate cowboy who wants to build a new Bobby Dodd while mysteriously holding much of the real estate around it like they have at Miami.

Tell me more about your ability to tap and burn through generations of wealth on 19 year olds who spend most of their time on TikTok.

Are you willing to part with $1,000,000 for a blue chip QB who transfers after one year? Willing to double down with $2m on the next one with a smile?

This isn't the world of everybody chip in to A-T or IPTAY. This is the world of above the table fully legal pay to play. And Disney is dropping off $5,000,000 more every month in Athens and College Station and Oxford and Nashville than they do in Atlanta and Tallahassee and Blacksburg. That's before we account for bag men or ticket revenue etc.

thegtstunner08

Tell me more about your charity that is paying every OL that maintains eligibility $50,000/yr like they have at Texas.

Tell me more about your billionaire cocaine real estate cowboy who wants to build a new Bobby Dodd while mysteriously holding much of the real estate around it like they have at Miami.

Tell me more about your ability to tap and burn through generations of wealth on 19 year olds who spend most of their time on TikTok.

Are you willing to part with $1,000,000 for a blue chip QB who transfers after one year? Willing to double down with $2m on the next one with a smile?

This isn't the world of everybody chip in to A-T or IPTAY. This is the world of above the table fully legal pay to play. And Disney is dropping off $5,000,000 more every month in Athens and College Station and Oxford and Nashville than they do in Atlanta and Tallahassee and Blacksburg. That's before we account for bag men or ticket revenue etc.
I know it seems the odds are stacked against us but we can still do our part. Otherwise, shut up if you don't have anything productive to bring to the conversation. We don't have a Jerry Jones or T. Boone Pickens to save the day but we have passionate fans.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat

I respectfully disagree with you. I came away from last night with the feeling that three years of horrible, uncoached football strengthens your enemies. I came away with the conviction that every Tech fan should write Cabrera and say not one more penny in donations or ticket sales until Collins is gone. We helped Georgia win last night be being so damn crummy. If we ever have a decent coach, then --and only then-- should we support the athletic department that has created this nightmare and refuses to end it.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I respectfully disagree with you. I came away from last night with the feeling that three years of horrible, uncoached football strengthens your enemies. I came away with the conviction that every Tech fan should write Cabrera and say not one more penny in donations or ticket sales until Collins is gone. We helped Georgia win last night be being so damn crummy. If we ever have a decent coach, then --and only then-- should we support the athletic department that has created this nightmare and refuses to end it.
uga didn't need our help. We weren't even a speedbump for them the last couple of years before Collins got here. What they did has everything to do with them and nothing to do with us. They decided 10 win seasons weren't enough and they built a monster specifically to compete with Saban. These aren't Richt's dwags.

What you suggest is a sure way to remain irrelevant. Whether we need one or not, a new coach isn't going to close the gap and withholding money will only make it wider. This is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Last edited:
I know it seems the odds are stacked against us but we can still do our part. Otherwise, shut up if you don't have anything productive to bring to the conversation. We don't have a Jerry Jones or T. Boone Pickens to save the day but we have passionate fans.
What we need more than a T. Boone Pickens is a Delaney type to be commish of the ACC. The Alliance has accomplished forcing the CFP to open market TV negotiations, an absolutely must have check against ESPN getting in bed with the SEC exclusively to take over and gut the entire sport. Beyond that it's pretty damn milquetoast on putting some regulatory sanity on CFB. CFB is headed down the road of Formula 1 in the 90s. Only in the 90s Formula 1 had a strong central regulatory body that could reign it back in. The NCAA is not only its usual bumbling inept and ethically bankrupt self, but now it's also completely toothless. Even people investigated and indicted by the FBI skate now. There's nobody interested in restoring sanity who also wields the power to accomplish it. Everybody who has that power is actively cheering on the bonfire (ESPN, Sankey).

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
What did the past three years have to do with 2017 season when they made it? You're full of öööö.

thegtstunner08

I understand how you feel. Trust me. However, we have to look at the big picture. Whether Collins is here another year or 20, we have to invest in GT FOOTBALL!!

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
What did the past three years have to do with 2017 season when they made it? You're full of öööö.
If you're happy with our football program, I'm happy for you.
I understand how you feel. Trust me. However, we have to look at the big picture. Whether Collins is here another year or 20, we have to invest in GT FOOTBALL!!
Supporting the program the way it is now is like giving money to drug addicts you pass on the street. You become an enabler of a horrible, cruel destructive thing. If everybody who loves Tech quit giving money, the GTAA would call within a month and ask why. If everybody told them they weren't going to support the status quo, things would change. By continuing to give them money, we just encourage them to keep the diarrhea festival going. The GTAA has a problem with leadership and results. They need to get a new problem, and the new problem needs to be Tech fans refusing to go along with them on their insane joy ride to Hell.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I am afraid we lost our last realistic chance to have the funds necessary to be competitive when we passed on a chance to join the Big 10. The only chance we have left is to convince the Big 10 they still want a presence in Atlanta. I do not see how we catch up with the ACC payout. Even with the BIg 10 payout it will require some luck to get back to the top 30 range.

GT98

Dodd-Like
True.

Issue is what will the school do? Will it “commit” as well? The powerhouse programs committed as a school to do what it takes to compete and the fans have followed suit. I’m not sure that GT will do that from an admin standpoint when many of them consider athletics to be a nuisance.

GT’s biggest impediment to success, is GT.

cincytechie

Jolly Good Fellow
And it's past time that GT hires a real AD with a brain that can make good coaching hires and write good contracts instead giving unproven coaches a golden parachute!
Unproven? The Used Car Salesman had unprecedented success at Temple. Simply unprecedented. I think he won multiple natties. He cites it all the time.

thegtstunner08

True.

Issue is what will the school do? Will it “commit” as well? The powerhouse programs committed as a school to do what it takes to compete and the fans have followed suit. I’m not sure that GT will do that from an admin standpoint when many of them consider athletics to be a nuisance.

GT’s biggest impediment to success, is GT.
So what is the solution? Do we have a come to Jesus meeting with the Hill and demand they stop turning a blind eye to football ? We need a Tech "town hall" and stress to the admin that we love our football and we want it better. I'm up for ideas, gents. I want Tech to be the best they can be in Football.

GT98

Dodd-Like
So what is the solution?
I don't know. I would like to see the school prez asked the question about GT's commitment to athletics now that the NIL and portal have significantly changed the major revenue sports. Is GT going to do more to compete (read: money)? Or, is GT content to bounce along and see what happens and make a decision if the so called super conference of 24-30 teams materializes and decide then?

But while fan enthusiasm like yours is great and we need more of it, I don't think that the average fan will help facilitate the changes we'd like to see. Need major donors/the admin to do so.