If we got a strong D we have a chance . . .

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
. . . and I think we are coming around on D. That was the real bright spot for me on Saturday. It was the first time in a long time I felt like we dictated the tempo to the opponents offense. Blitzing and stunting forced the QB to think quick and act quick and as a result, BYU committed a ton of errors in their execution. I don't know that we face a QB the rest of the year that can out think us other than possibly Rivers at NC State.

If we can build in a postive manner on this performance defensively we will have a chance in every game. The Offense must come around a little bit and control the clock so we don't get exhausted playing D. O'Brien needs some help. His gameplanning and adjustments just are not getting the job done. I know Chan wanted to let him do his thing, but somebody better find out what the problem is and get it fixed. Where I come from, that responsibility lies with the Head Man in Charge. Suggs may not be all world but we have enough offensive talent to produce better results than what we have shown over the past 3 weeks. And for God's sake substitute every once and awhile. It made a big difference on Defense and it would help a ton on offense.

Finally, I just want to say that unless there is some extreme extenuating circumstance, I think Hobie Holiday's leaving at this particular moment is one of the worst displays of being a team player that I have ever seen. How can you leave knowing that the team just lost Greg Gathers and we are down to just a handful of Defensive linemen. You were bound to see the field a lot and you know your teammates had to be counting on you. Must be something more than meets the eye here. Hobie did not seem to be a selfish type.

All in all, a win is a win and we need to just go up to UNC and figure out a way to get the job done. Replacing Hollings will be impossible but we can play a lot better on Offense and that will help offset the loss a little bit. Tony you are a warrior and the best back I have ever seen at Tech. Thanks for giving it everything you had. I hope you have a complete recovery whether you ever play football again or not, the Tech family will never forget you.

Go Jackets!

Back