"Ignore" Feature is great...

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
For those of you who have had enough of GeeTee... try it.. its great.

beej67

new around here
I wish there were a "Charlie Brown" version, where instead of hiding the whole post, it just replaced the words with "Whah wah, wah wah, wah wah wahwah."

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
beej67 said:
I wish there were a "Charlie Brown" version, where instead of hiding the whole post, it just replaced the words with "Whah wah, wah wah, wah wah wahwah."
:laugher: ...Ah rats!

G

Geetee

jacketguy said:
For those of you who have had enough of GeeTee... try it.. its great.
aw darn.. you may choose to ignore little ol me...but there is no ignoring the facts. ..and those facts are that prior to Gailey, GT was ranked in the top 20 for three years running. Since he took over, we've not been in the top 25..even this year. For next year, we look to not be in any preseason top 25 polls, either.

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
Geetee said:
aw darn.. you may choose to ignore little ol me...but there is no ignoring the facts. ..and those facts are that prior to Gailey, GT was ranked in the top 20 for three years running. Since he took over, we've not been in the top 25..even this year. For next year, we look to not be in any preseason top 25 polls, either.
Would you rather be like Clemson or VaTech and pad the OOC schedule with a bunch of patsies to guarantee 8-9 win season and a top 25 finish every year (much like when O'Leary was coach) or do you want to play the NDs/Auburns/Alabamas of the world at the risk of an additional loss each year?

A narrow image of post season ranking doesn't tell the whole story - unless, of course, it fits your agenda.

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Geetee said:
Why do YOU loudly and proudly proclaim those facts (which are already too well known) while ignoring other just as pertinant facts?

AND WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS?

ContactBuzz

Geetee said:
What about my post is not accurate?

Also, answer this {simple} question - are you OK with giving some on the schedule to guarantee improved records/rankings? (By the way, if you can't respond with a straight answer, I'll never take your bait again)

ContactBuzz

Geetee said:
..and what about my post in not accurate?
A. I'm not accusing you of "spinning".

B. You didn't respond with a straight answer. I'm not going to play this "answer my question with a question" game.

beej67

new around here
Would you rather be like Clemson or VaTech and pad the OOC schedule with a bunch of patsies to guarantee 8-9 win season and a top 25 finish every year
I know you were asking Geetee, and I know you were expecting a particular answer, but I'd like to jump in here.

Actually, I'd love to see us only schedule pansies, wipe the floor with them, and always get a minimum of 9 wins and top 25 appearance. And it's my understanding Dan Rad is of the same mindset. In today's football world, where SOS was completely ripped from the BCS equation and record means more than anything else, it's simply stupid to schedule tough OOC games. Clemson's weak team this year got to the top 10 from beating pansies, before they played us. That's exposure, and exposure is good, because exposure promotes recruiting and perpetuates a program.

It would also shut a bunch of the whiners around here up, whether they admit it or not. And seriously, the only thing I'm unhappy with this season is having to listen to Tech fans bitch and moan, because the spreading poisonous cloud of self-imposed misery that Tech fans are promulgating every year just makes me want to puke, and is near to driving me away from Tech sports.

Seriously. Everything about our sports programs is good except for the damn fans and their incessant bitching. For christ's sake, at least we're not NC State, or UNC, or Miami, or Duke, or UVA. There's so many football fans out there that would beat you screwballs with a bat for being unhappy that we went to the ACCCG.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
I cannot fathom why people are still nibbling at the hook. :dunno:

wilmoo

Varsity Lurker
ContactBuzz said:
Would you rather be like Clemson or VaTech and pad the OOC schedule with a bunch of patsies to guarantee 8-9 win season and a top 25 finish every year (much like when O'Leary was coach) or do you want to play the NDs/Auburns/Alabamas of the world at the risk of an additional loss each year?

A narrow image of post season ranking doesn't tell the whole story - unless, of course, it fits your agenda.
Or like UGAG with their list of patsies.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
T_G: Welcome back. Missed you around here.

Oh, and I suppose I would be remiss if I did not offer a congrats to you and your Gators.

:biggthumpup:

TechGator1066

Dodd-Like
GT65_UGA89 said:
T_G: Welcome back. Missed you around here.

Oh, and I suppose I would be remiss if I did not offer a congrats to you and your Gators.

:biggthumpup:
Well thank you! But now its GT's turn to get one! 1990 was too long ago!!