"Illegal Cut Blocking" Strikes Again!

How is going to criticize an academy like Navy? He should be criticizing his own team for sucking :laugher:

I gotta admit, all of this chop blocking complaining is starting to worry me. Can't beat em? Bitch until the rules change.

I gotta admit, all of this chop blocking complaining is starting to worry me. Can't beat em? Bitch until the rules change.

I don't see how they could change the rules; despite the criti****, tons of teams running all sorts of offenses employ the technique (cut blocking I mean).

Somebody call that guy a whaaaaamulance, though.

This is why I hate Notre Dame.

P.S. The Navy coach wasn't out of line. He was pointing out that the D last year was successful, so it was safe to assume they would try the same things.

Interesting "loser talk" from what has traditionally been one of the most vicious programs in the NCAA. It is funny that when they get beaten "it's all about the kids".
What is Notre Dame's excuse on offense. Navy just wanted it and beat Weis' high powered offense led by Heisman hopeful Claussen using 11 young men that couldn't play on ND's scout team. One of the greatest victories in football, this year or any year.

Interesting "loser talk" from what has traditionally been one of the most vicious programs in the NCAA. It is funny that when they get beaten "it's all about the kids".
What is Notre Dame's excuse on offense. Navy just wanted it and beat Weis' high powered offense led by Heisman hopeful Claussen using 11 young men that couldn't play on ND's scout team. One of the greatest victories in football, this year or any year.

If this was such a problem last year, why weren't we hearing complaints?

And, Navy was already up 14 by the time a personal foul was called (play-by-play on ESPN doesn't say who or how it happened).

This the same sort of bitching and moaning the broncos used to deal with, too.

Nebraska in it's heyday as well.

I'd really like to see statistically evidence that shows that more defenders are injured while playing Navy/GT/etc. than more "traditional" offenses.

This is horse****.

And I love how ESPN's college football page links to the article by saying "Notre Dame coach criticizes Navy for dirty play" and makes it seem like Navy is cheating.

Wasn't it against UVA this year (if I'm remembering correctly) that it seemed like the center of their offensive line dove at the legs of our Defensive Tackles almost every play?

Somebody call that guy a whaaaaamulance, though.

I believe the number is nine waaahn waaahn.

I Corwin Brown and #1 Tenuta couldn't cuss and berate their players into staying on assignment or think that maybe Navy would watch last year's game film.

Brown wouldn't say how Niumatalolo reacted.

23 to 21. That is how he reacted.

And Clausen's personal foul hit sure was classy too. As was Weiss's false accusation against a MSU player about a sideline punch a few years ago.

I believe the number is nine waaahn waaahn.

I Corwin Brown and #1 Tenuta couldn't cuss and berate their players into staying on assignment or think that maybe Navy would watch last year's game film.

wrong... it's whine waaahn waaahn.

The video interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRshnJzi06Q

Navy is "unimaginative"?

Really?

Fuc*ing minute 2:05 the coach is blatantly saying what I've been saying. Their DLine is ENGAGING guys that are trying to get by them, for the sole purpose of trying to a.) disrupt our blocking schemes and b.) Get 'chop blocks' called when the guy we have assigned to that Dlineman cuts him.

This douchebag knew what he was trying to do...he was trying to get chop block penalties called. This whining is nothing more than bitc*ing because his plan failed.

Opposing teams against CPJ's flexbone scheme are not trying to penetrate with their DLines they are trying to hold our guys up, sometimes litterally holding them, and then hope that the guy that cuts them gets called for chop block since they were 'engaged' up top.

Fuc*ing ridiculous. They have a sleazy game plan, and then bit*h and moan when the officials don't take the bait.

Fuc*ing minute 2:05 the coach is blatantly saying what I've been saying. Their DLine is ENGAGING guys that are trying to get by them, for the sole purpose of trying to a.) disrupt our blocking schemes and b.) Get 'chop blocks' called when the guy we have assigned to that Dlineman cuts him.

This douchebag knew what he was trying to do...he was trying to get chop block penalties called. This whining is nothing more than bitc*ing because his plan failed.

Opposing teams against CPJ's flexbone scheme are not trying to penetrate with their DLines they are trying to hold our guys up, sometimes litterally holding them, and then hope that the guy that cuts them gets called for chop block since they were 'engaged' up top.

Fuc*ing ridiculous. They have a sleazy game plan, and then bit*h and moan when the officials don't take the bait.

Great point.

And one that PJ and other offensive coaches should hammer on if teams continue to bitch about the blocking schemes.

I'd really like to see statistically evidence that shows that more defenders are injured while playing Navy/GT/etc. than more "traditional" offenses.

Wake as well, remember. Grobe took the same crit**** from Torbush at UNC

It should be a cautionary tale to coaches. Do you really want to follow in the footsteps of Torbush?

P.S.
I wonder if ND alumni realize they probably would have been better if they had just kept O'Leary?

Back