Im getting a great feeling about this Team...

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
If you talk to the coaches and players and from what we are reading..This team is starting to get some real DIFFERENCE MAKERS...Meaning guys that can change a BallGame...Guys that FSU and Miami have always had...This team lacks depth (Gailey has even mentioned that recently.But said the next 2 classes will take care of that) and unless we stay Healthy will hurt us in 2004 and 2005...BUT...The future is looking up!!!

The difference Makers IMHO...

On Offense...A. Damarius Bilbo ( From all indications he will be a major force this year)
B. Calvin Johnson (From players and coaches alike..He will be a Major Force right from the get go)

As Gailey said yesterday..This crew will be hard to defend inside the Redzone....

On Defense...

A. Eric Henderson..Led the ACC in sacks last year and got alot of attention from opposing teams and Doubled a lot...This year if the line stays healthy..He will be hard to double team as our Dline is vastly improved...I would take him over Pollack anyday...More Productive without the Hype...Henderson is a major force that should rack havoc to opposing QB's...

B. Kenny Scott...A true lockdown corner...Tenuta has indicated he will be something special (Tenuta has tutored some great ones) Scott has been the only one to slow down Calvin so far this fall...Scott should shut down the opponents best Wr's...

C. James Butler...Virtually all the experts say is a No.1 Draft pick..One of the top 2 Safties in the Country...A part of one of the best secondaries in the country...

These 5 guys are Difference Makers...We have a lot of good players but these guys can make a big difference between a loss or win...

If Gailey keeps recruiting The likes of Scott and Johnson and putting players like Bilbo into the right spot..We will be very good in the very near future....

I agree and...

...would like to add a few more.

I was real impressed with what I saw from the defense on Tuesday. Our D-Line is going to be solid AND deep. The secondary will be our best since '90 and I expect the LB's to hold their own.

Here are a few more names to ponder:

Travis Parker - He has played great the last two seasons as an undersized DT. Now he moves to a position more suited to his physical make-up and skills. That and he is an absolute warrior. If Henderson is double-teamed, Travis will be killing'em.

Reuben Houston - like Coach Tenuta told the Lunch Bunch in the spring, "when I go to battle, I want Reuben on my side...he is a warrior" If Kenny Scott does shut down the #1 corner, then Reuben will get alot of balls thrown his way...I look for him to have a good season.

Leon Robinson - we are all aware of his personal life the last year or two, but this guy is in MUCH better shape than this time last year and is moving well. He provides tremendous depth and experience to our O-line. He was also the ONLY player leading calisthenics at the beginning of practice...THAT is an honor!

P.J. Daniels - not the flashiest, but would you not want him on your team? He wears down a defense and just gets stronger as the game progresses.

Reggie Ball - bottom line: if our receivers are having a great season, then it will be because Reggie is throwing them a good ball.

I look for this team to play with alot of heart and a bit of a 'tude...especially on defense. If we can pull one out at Clemson(not impossible), then these guys could get on a roll. It's definitely going to be fun to watch.

Re: I agree and...

I love all of those guys..

When I mentioned the 5..I was singeling out a gamebreaker that can turn a Ballgame...You hear Head Coaches all the time talk about those type players...The 5 I mentioned IMHO could be those (Difference Maker Types) for us this year....

I like it too! It is obvious to most football aficionados that CG is one hell of a coach. He has proven that he is an excellent judge of football talent, knows how to get the most from the talent he has, isn't afraid to move people around to take advantage of their skills,and can attract outstanding players and coaches. All of this brings confidence and enthusiasm to his players and coaches, which we are seeing now, and will continue to see throughout this football season. I say 7 & 4 is likely and 8-3 may be possible, God forbidding any key injuries. Go Jackets!

Fellers, as we saw in past years....

during the Fridge/O'Leary era, offense wins games.

However, as the ancient pundit once said defense wins championships.

Ya gotta believe!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

IF I SAID IT ONCE, I \'VE SAID IT A HUNDRED MILLION

TIMES - It is the GOLD ZONE!!!!!! OK????????

Re: IF I SAID IT ONCE, I \'VE SAID IT A HUNDRED MILLION

I'm as excited this year as I was in 00'. I don't think we have as much "talent" as that team, but I think we have a team mentality----and that will take us a long ways.

I think we have better talent, especially on Defense...The thing we dont have this year as compared to 2000 is Depth..And we are younger than that squad.

I think that our team is special this year. There is a team mentality (synergism/chemistry) that is outstanding. The OL quotes from Besirivic about when one goes down, someone must step up and play like a first stringer gives evidence for "team spirit". My wife says that they are showing an Esprit de Corp. The OL people are rotating around and learning multiple assignment based on varying positions. This is good stuff for me to hear. The basketball team showed this year how to rally around the fallen comrade and pray and play with better intesity.

I am praying for God to shield our team from injuries and to help them to build team synergism. Please lets all of us make it a matter of daily prayer for our guys.

This team hasthe makingsof being a great one...

reminds me of the 1989 team... Came together during the Clemson game also. I think this team is very talented. Right now they are just flying under the radar. They will get their respect soon enough.

Back