I'm getting madder by the

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
I\'m getting madder by the

minute! When the only news I can get is 4 lines in the San Antonio Express News that's just getting plain rotten to me. Braine, CG an assistant coach, the Pres or somebody needs to step forward and calmly tell the press what in hades is going on.

Re: I\'m getting madder by the

They must first all get together, and get their stories straight.

But Moore won't return their phone calls
confused.gif

BOO

OF, read all of Gen. Wood posts and mine entitled Carol Moore. This will never make the papers, but this all adds up to whats what!!!

Braine is recovering from the parties at the ACC meeting. Hopefully he is still in contact with Bud Foster, possibly Frank Beamer if VA Tech doesnt get in the ACC and we spring an opening.

Gailey has a bunker somewhere like Saddam that is very difficult to find.

Unlike Saddam, he has no intention of walking the streets to meet the small group that will assemble in Yellow Jacket alley prior to the home opener.

Baghdad Bob is on the street corner outside the AA insisting that we kicked Georgia's ass last year, all is well, that we should continue to make our reservations for the Fiesta Bowl.

Bee, my above post is not too far from the truth. Baghdad Bob was actually an attempt to communicate.

Does Chan even have an office at the AA? Do people report Chan sightings around campus?

My best guess is deep within the bowels of Grant Field there is a cave where he lurks.

Father, agree or not your post is great!!

Padre WASP, you are so correct, sir!

It is so obvious that CG was the wrong hire, and, perhaps, the AD is also incompetent. Whoever is in charge of the aforementioned needs to seriously consider mass changes or instead of expanding stadium, we will need to shrink it dramatically. The atmosphere around the fb program stinks, and the basketball will not go to NCAA's for the 3rd straight year.

Thanks Bizzy,we tried the downsizing thing before, when Homer idiotically knocked out the end zone of a once packed, storied Grant Field to build some second rate looking offices that could have gone elsewhere. Then, after Ross took us back and O'Leary had the audacity to beat Georgia and take us to fairly decent bowls, we got a little uppity, as if we were back. But you are right, we need to really decide what level we want to participate in and commit to it - lower rung IA like Conference USA or with Arkansas State's or IAA.

Father WASP, what did Homer Rice have knocked down? I can't wait to hear this one.

Old Foggy, I agree, the administration should look into the matter, which they may be doing at present. However, they should make some decisions soon and inform Tech fans of the full situation, and the plans being generated to correct them.

It is not wise to leave supporters completely in the dark. I can see where some items might have to be held in confidence, but the fans have a need to know the basic situation.

smile.gif

We've been in the dark since Gailey arrived. Only after he is gone and we let the sunshine in will we be told what really went on.

Father Wasp, that is one of my biggest complaints with Gailey.. He's a control freak who won't let anyone know anything.. His style reminds me of Elvis' bedroom where everything in the room was dark & the windows were covered with tin foil...

Techsta, long ago during Techs glory years, Grant Field was one of (maybe the largest) the largest stadiums in the south. At capacity, which it always was, Grant Field held just over 60,000 Tech fans. It was a damn tough ticket to get I understand.

During my time there,'78-'82, Homer tore out the south end zone horseshoe which seated about 20,000. At the time, no one sat there except for a few that got free tickets.

Wasn't it Rice that tore out the south end zone? Whoever was responsible did a damn fine job of messing things up? Most schools want to UPSIZE - we decided we wanted to go back from 60 to 40. Oh well, we've gotten a piece rebuilt anyway to make sure the hordes from football committed schools enjoy their Atlanta trip at our expense.

Are we all going to be sitting together in the Club seats next fall? Think will ever get the true number on that fiasco. The quote I heard was "They do it at Florida and Auburn" Now you connect that logic to DB

Lucky, I've been a Tech fan for quite some time. I know exactly the story of the South endzone. Homer Rice didn't have them torn out. They were condemned and had to be torn out. Don't blame that on Homer Rice. Those seats were dilapidated.

Then why not have them replaced with new seats vs. a short sighted decision to throw in a black office building?

I was present in those old days and remember those south stands being full of war eagles and dogs not mention there other gatherings around the stadium!!!

For one reason, those seats were about 50 yards from the playing field. If you remember, they were behind the track and you were so far away from the action, it was horrible. Secondly, they weren't being used, except by the opponent's fans (aub, uga). Thirdly, a multi-purpose facility was built for the opposing team locker room, game-day suites and a student success center. If you will remember, the original opponent locker room was torn down along with Old Gym in hopes of an indoor practice facility

If that is our seating philosophy, build only to your attendance, just rent DeKalb Memorial. At minimum, at least plant some grass and trees, don't blow up a doll and park it in front of classrooms.

Back