I'm pulling hard for Minnesota & Florida.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
I\'m pulling hard for Minnesota & Florida.

A Minn win would pretty much knock the Big10 out of the national championship game in the Fiesta Bowl. Most importantly, it would mean the Big10 championship is decided on the field even tho Iowa & Ohio St don't play each other. A Gopher W sets up the season ending game hosting the Hawkeyes as a possible Big10 championship game with the winner going to the Rose Bowl. Poor ole Minnesota would get more publicity than they have in 40 yrs (all 40 yrs put together, ha, ha). Gopher fans could REALLY use something like this &, hey, after a 40 yr wait, would be great.
A Fla win would pretty much knock the SEC out of the Fiesta, also, & a weak conference with only Ga having less than 2 Ls after the 8th week doesn't deserve a trip to the Fiesta. The Dogs have had every break come their way with key injuries to the best players on the opposing teams. I think it's fine if Ga gets their 1st trip to the SEC Championship game & gets to return to N.O. for a 20th yr anniversary, but to think they can play with the 'big boys' is a stretch. Would like to see the LSD haze end now.

Re: I\'m pulling hard for Minnesota & Florida.

I don't even know who Minn plays this weekend and couldn't really care less. The Big 10 always seems to play themselves out anyway and I don't see them having a shot at the NC. Ohio State's the only team who's got a shot but they are to far down in the rankings at this point IMO.

Now the Dogs are another situation. They have been so lucky early this year and now that they've made it this far it seems like they're really firing on all cylinders. They got the lucky breaks early (Clemson & USC) to carry them along and now they've had time to get everything going. I could see them as legitimate contenders for Tempe, we REALLY need the Gators to rain on that parade this weekend!! Go Gators!!

Back