I'm still hearing that Braine will be bought out

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
I\'m still hearing that Braine will be bought out

Take it for what it is worth, but I talked today with someone who is hearing that Braine's buyout is in the works and should be official in a couple of weeks. Hard to believe, but time will tell.
BOO

Re: I\'m still hearing that Braine will be bought out

Okay, so who do you replace him with?
Need a football guy who can raise money.
Do you call Steve Orsini back from UCF?
John Cooper isn't busy.
I'd rather have someone like Kentucky's Mitch Barnhart.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Take it for what it is worth, but I talked today with someone who is hearing that Braine's buyout is in the works and should be official in a couple of weeks. Hard to believe, but time will tell.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">i'll believe it when i see it. is this the same guy who told you that the stadium expansion isn't happening while they were pouring concrete and setting beams?

I think I feel rustling in the weeds as well. My question is will it be paid with official tech money.

I find it interesting that Bill Curry is staying mum on this.

Not gonna happen.

Todd Stansbury, the number 2 man at Oregon is a more likely choice than Orsini. Never say never on this issue. I sure hope it happens.

I think I will beelieve Bisher before any net talk. Hopefully Curry will keep his pompous mouth shut about everything.

It's a nice thought. Need everyone on board as to the importance of college football. His actions leave me wondering where his heart is,......if our AD isn't totally committed to the football program and bringing in the type of athlete that can compete for the ACC crown,...and yes that means recruiting in-state athletes as well as those that are also being courted by the SEC schools,....he must go. And take all of those with him that don't help us have a winning program.

GATA JACKETS!!

As I have been saying, there needs to be a change at the top and start over in the AA. The buyout has been offered for a while, and nothing has happened. As some people have wanted and hoped, everything has been done quietly until now but again, nothing has worked. If they dont get it done, then it will get very vocal- but something has to happen.

Stansbury would be a phenomenal choice. He is a true loyal Tech man who probably dreams of the Tech AD being the dream job. He has plenty of experience as an AD and Assistant AD. He knows the Academia at Tech and they know him- very mutual respect from what I have heard over the last few months.

If something is going to get done, as far as a job opening in the AA, it needs to happen quickly, because you want the next guy in place before year-end ( or at least know who it is early enough).

THe only thing is: $2million is in the contract apparently. What happens if Gailey doesnt cut it (Just a scenario, I hope I can eat these words as I have said before)? I dont think here is a buyout clause in his contract is there? THat would be big if we can get the AD thing straightened out (of course, if something happens).

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
As I have been saying, there needs to be a change at the top and start over in the AA. The buyout has been offered for a while, and nothing has happened. As some people have wanted and hoped, everything has been done quietly until now but again, nothing has worked. If they dont get it done, then it will get very vocal- but something has to happen.

Stansbury would be a phenomenal choice. He is a true loyal Tech man who probably dreams of the Tech AD being the dream job. He has plenty of experience as an AD and Assistant AD. He knows the Academia at Tech and they know him- very mutual respect from what I have heard over the last few months.

If something is going to get done, as far as a job opening in the AA, it needs to happen quickly, because you want the next guy in place before year-end ( or at least know who it is early enough).

THe only thing is: $2million is in the contract apparently. What happens if Gailey doesnt cut it (Just a scenario, I hope I can eat these words as I have said before)? I dont think here is a buyout clause in his contract is there? THat would be big if we can get the AD thing straightened out (of course, if something happens).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gnome: Are you saying D. Braine has a $2 million buyout? Why would a AD have a buyout clause? He sure had a smart lawyer.

It may be the amount he is owed on the rest of his contract- and if they come to an "agreement" that may be the number it is- I dont know for sure- Just heard that number floated around.

Stateline... its typical for ANY executive position to have a buyout clause in it... especially so during the past decade or so... this is typical not only in athletic coaching circles, but business as well... but I think in the business world it is called "an agreed upon severence" ..LOL ... and they usually arent for that kind of money... it just depends on the size of the company and the position though...

The $2M for Braine does not surprise me... it may seem a little excessive... but I am not surprised.. the next AD will have one too... if he or she is worth their salt, they can command it...

Don't tease!!!!

The guy cried to the ajc twice. I hope he is out of here.

drinking.gif

I've got an idea:

George O'Leary can make the check out to "Dave Braine". Two birds - one stone.

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by cropdusterengineer:
I've got an idea:

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I tip my hat to you. This might just be the BEST suggestion I've ever heard on a Tech message board.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by cropdusterengineer:
I've got an idea:

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I tip my hat to you. This might just be the BEST suggestion I've ever heard on a Tech message board.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">However, I fear that if the Lawyers have been working it out... we may actually OWE money to O'Leary! Yikes!
pat.gif

Back