Important Information for Georgia Tech Football Fans

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 3.28.38 PM.png

I know things are moving fast and you feel overwhelmed. But there are a few facts to keep in mind:
  1. How you feel now is completely temporary. This moment will pass. And you know this moment will pass because you've been in this moment before, and it did pass and you did get through it. Because you did that before, you can do that again.
  2. There is nothing that you need to be doing or should be doing while you feel like this. Any action you think you need to make right now will not help. Do not make decisions while you feel like this. Just be patient.
  3. If you feel overwhelmed, sit down and write about what brought you to the situation that you're in right now and why you feel the way you do. Allow the silence to help you understand why you feel the way you feel.
  4. Everything is going to be OK. You are in control, even when things move fast and it feels like everything is chaotic. Just take a deep breath and focus on your breathing.

Things you can do to this afternoon:
  1. Just walk away for a bit. Focus on something else like family, your dog, maybe take a walk in nature.
  2. Consider physical exercise. Yoga is something easy to do at home on your own.
  3. Consider meditation. ASMR is becoming increasingly popular for this.
  4. Try listening to some calm music.
  5. Focus on another team you support that's doing well. The Braves recently won the NL East and USMNT is in position to qualify for the World Cup. How about the defending ACC Champion, GT Men's Basketball Team?
And remember, no matter how bad things get:
  1. You can always fly to a new part of the world and start over. Fun fact: If you join the French Foreign Legion, you can create a completely new identity and will receive French citizenship and documents for that identity. Your old identity just disappears.
  2. You can become a Buddhist monk. Some temples offer temporary positions so you can return later.
  3. You can buy land and live off the grid.

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 3.28.38 PM.png

I know things are moving fast and you feel overwhelmed. But there are a few facts to keep in mind:
  1. How you feel now is completely temporary. This moment will pass. And you know this moment will pass because you've been in this moment before, and it did pass and you did get through it. Because you did that before, you can do that again.
  2. There is nothing that you need to be doing or should be doing while you feel like this. Any action you think you need to make right now will not help. Do not make decisions while you feel like this. Just be patient.
  3. If you feel overwhelmed, sit down and write about what brought you to the situation that you're in right now and why you feel the way you do. Allow the silence to help you understand why you feel the way you feel.
  4. Everything is going to be OK. You are in control, even when things move fast and it feels like everything is chaotic. Just take a deep breath and focus on your breathing.

Things you can do to this afternoon:
  1. Just walk away for a bit. Focus on something else like family, your dog, maybe take a walk in nature.
  2. Consider physical exercise. Yoga is something easy to do at home on your own.
  3. Consider meditation. ASMR is becoming increasingly popular for this.
  4. Try listening to some calm music.
  5. Focus on another team you support that's doing well. The Braves recently won the NL East and USMNT is in position to qualify for the World Cup. How about the defending ACC Champion, GT Men's Basketball Team?
And remember, no matter how bad things get:
  1. You can always fly to a new part of the world and start over. Fun fact: If you join the French Foreign Legion, you can create a completely new identity and will receive French citizenship and documents for that identity. Your old identity just disappears.
  2. You can become a Buddhist monk. Some temples offer temporary positions so you can return later.
  3. You can buy land and live off the grid.
So in other words, just don’t give a öööö about Tech football. I quit caring 4-5 years ago.

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
Who kills themselves over Tech football? We all damn know that no matter how well we do in any game - a kick in the nuts is waiting just around the corner. We all thought that maybe we turned a corner last week, but apparently it was the kick in the nuts corner today.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Who kills themselves over Tech football? We all damn know that no matter how well we do in any game - a kick in the nuts is waiting just around the corner. We all thought that maybe we turned a corner last week, but apparently it was the kick in the nuts corner today.
Feeling of failure, feeling of lack of control… I don’t think it’s a sole reason but you couple that with other issues and it could push someone over the edge.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
I thought this was going to be about graduate student fees. Am disappoint

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Like I put in the game thread. I tried to jump from the upper north, but a Pitt fan stopped me on 4 straight tries.

I did bump into @gtleviathan . We discussed the effects that regressive tax policies have on the proletariat class. It was introspective. He's right, you know. I actually wish I actually had time to visit. Maybe next time.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
Any Tech fan that would need this help already went through with it long ago. If you're still with us you've been through the fires before

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Any Tech fan that would need this help already went through with it long ago. If you're still with us you've been through the fires before
I think, being a long time GT fan, we are accustomed to games like yesterday. We are accustomed to late game collapses.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
I think, being a long time GT fan, we are accustomed to games like yesterday. We are accustomed to late game collapses.
And early collapses. Gotta have a thick skin to be a GT fan.