IMPORTANT!

gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/telegraph/5871990.htm

Terron Pullen, a redshirt freshman defensive lineman from Johnson County, said Thursday he is eligible to play. His name appeared on numerous Internet lists this week as being ineligible.

"I don't know anything about it," Pullen said in a telephone interview from his home in Wrightsville. "I've heard about the rumors, but I don't know anything about that,"

When asked if he was in good academic standing, Pullen said, "I think so. I'm supposed to go back this week."

Pullen said he was enrolled in summer school, which started this week. Summer school registration ends today. But increasing leaks and reports prompted Tech officials to release a statement Thursday evening.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The members need to be careful with lists for this VERY reason. I apologize to Mr. Pullen and his family if anything appeared on this website that was inaccurate.

Just to add to what gtfan has brought up...

Remember, that this is a real time message board. In addition to in-depth analysis and comments from our users on the issues, we get breaking news posts. Breaking news posts are a double edged sword. The posts can be accurate or inaccurate. Take everything you read here that is "news" with a grain of salt. I did not sit on this story and censor your posts early on because it defeats the whole purpose of running my website. I want a strong and fast flow of information for GT fans. I am not going to wait on ajc.com or 790 or 680 or whoever to "deem it newsworthy" before it gets posted here. The other edge of the sword is that possibility that the news is false or grossly inaccurate. If this is the case we will always remove the post immediately when it is brought to our attention. We have done so in the past and this continues to be our policy.

There are different philosophies on this and gtfan and I have weighed them. I want you guys to have as much freedom as possible and if you scoop some breaking news story, we are damn grateful that you take the time to post it here and share it with everyone. GT fans should not have to rely on outsiders (ajc, 680, 790) for their news. But I must say that this does not give one carte blanche to post any off the wall rumor they come across. Please post responsibly so that we can all continue to enjoy a free and open message board. Ok, someone else can have the soapbox now.
wink.gif

Back