IMVVVHO, the best unis per conference

texstinger

Dodd-Like
(excluding GT, it would not be fair otherwise) are:

ACC: UNC (would go with CU but do not like logos on shirts)
SEC: Auburn. Maybe best in USA
Big 12: Texas
Pac 12: USC
Big 10: Tie. Iowa/Minnesota
Big East: WVU
USA: Memphis
Big West (is that what it is?) Colorado State
C'mon, help me out. Who is left?
As you can tell, I really like the traditional look. YMMV

I'll say (excluding us from ACC because I really do think we have the sharpest ones, and I'm biased)--

ACC: 1) Miami,FL 2)UNC 3)Clemson (#1 when they leave that goofy purple out)

SEC: I hate to say it, but UGAg. Awbern's don't seem especially interesting to me. I like the UK royal blue.

Big 12: Texas and Nebraska (I'm a minimalist).

Pac 10: 1)UCLA and 2)Arizona St. Oregon wins most interesting choice of colors if nothing else (Mallard duck feather green).

Big 10: 1) Ohio St. 2) Michigan

Big East: Not a fair vote here. I couldn't even tell you what Rutgers's or Temple's look like. I like Pittsburgh's the best from those I've seen.

Out of those left: I agree Colorado State's are pretty sharp. I like the Air Force lightning bolt.

Lets see.......

ACC- UNC
SEC- USC
Don't really care bout the others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Re: Lets see.......

Just don't know how you guys can like UNC. That baby blue is just nasty. I'd probably go with VaTech actually, although I do like UVA's dark unis.

Herr Goldshields, how can you say U[sic]GA's is the best logo---that's the Green Bay Packer's G. But what can one expect of illiterate compost heap majors at U[sic]GA.

Let's not forget---they were the "goats" before the became "bulldawgs" after playing Yale (the original Bulldogs). I guess they decided to put aside their public history of animal "husbandry" at that point.

I know, man, but the SEC has really lame unis IMO. Actually I like South Carolina's unis the best now that I think about it. Somebody mentioned them, and I had forgotten about them. I wasn't thinking in terms of strictly the logo but the uniform as a whole. THWG.

I\'ll play....

(Leaving us out)

ACC: Clem's son
SEC: LSU barely nips Auburn
Big 12: Kansas State
Pac 12: UCLA (but you gotta give USC props for the sweaters their cheerleaders wear)
Big 10: Penn State (I'm the minimalist!!)
Big East: Syracuse

A bit of trivia

USC doesn't have cheerleaders. They call them song girls, or at least they used too. That's probably a sexist term these days.

ACC: Besides us - Clemson (minus the purple) and UVA.
Wake gets a special mention as one of the 'worst' of all time.
SEC: Hate it - but I have to say UGA, Auburn is close. Like Alabama
Big 12: Texas, Oklahoma
Pac 10: Nobody.
Big 10: Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State
Big East: Nobody. WVU if I'm forced.
USA: Nobody. Although I like UAB after sticking their chest out against UGA last year.
Mountain West: Nobody
WAC: Nobody
MAC: Nobody
Sun Belt: Nobody
Independent: Notre Dame, Navy

ACC - Clemson (Minus the purple as everyone has said, what were they thinking?) UVA and VT get honorable mentions.
SEC - Auburn with Bama a very close second
Big 12 - Nebraska, but I like TAMUs a lot too
PAC 10 - USC, followed by WashSt and I actually like Orgegons.
Big East - Pitt, but Rutgers has a pretty nice uniform too
Big 10 - Michigan (the helmet puts them over the top) and Iowa.
Mountian West - Colorado State who else is there?

Thanks for the correction....

I really didn't know that. But it is also irrelevant to my point. :)

Athens, GA, the center of original thought: Green Bay's logo, and the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" for a fight song...LOL

Clemson\'s Purple Uniforms

Ramblinpeck asks: "what were they thinking?".

Are you kidding me?

I'm not sure where you were that day, but I remember them beating the hell out of us in front of a home crowd in those purple uniforms..... I'd wear 'em every game.......

GJ!

[ QUOTE ]
Athens, GA, the center of original thought: Green Bay's logo, and the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" for a fight song...LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

That brings up a question that I have asked several ugag fans and none were sure of the answer. Is that their fight song now? I know they play it more often now, but did they officially change it? Back in the 70's, their fight song started with the words " Hail to georgia down in Dixie..." or something like that (the Tech students sang "To hell with georgia down in Dixie..." along with other lyrics I can't remember). Does anyone know? I also remember them playing Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" and the only instrument you could here was the electric bass. I never saw them perform at halftime but always wondered if that bass player just sat in the stands or went out on the field and marched with someone walking behind him with the cord /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif or did he just play on the sideline?

Excluding our uniforms, which I believe are the best looking in the nation. Yes I'm biased, but lining them up against the other uniforms in the nation, I would take them over anyone's.

ACC - Tie beteen Florida $tate and Virginia. FSU just looks good no matter which combo of white, gold, and burgandy they use.
SEC - Auburn, LSU is second.
Big 12 - Oklahoma, then Texas.
PAC 10 - Washington, then Oregon State.
Big East - Pittsburgh, then Boston College.
Big 10 - Michigan State. (Michigan and OSU right behind them.)
Mountian West - Colorado State. Air Force is alright. I just wish the blue was a tad bit darker. :)

ACC - Florida State
SEC - They are all hideous.
Big 12 - Texas
PAC 10 - UCLA
Big East - Rutgers (No Joke)
Big 10 - Michigan State
Mountian West - UNLV
CUSA - South Florida
WAC - Hawaii

**Edit - Isn't the Ramblin Wreck based on a tune called the Bonnie Blue Flag***

Back