Incredible Irony AND hypocrisy !!!

Goldenbird

Varsity Lurker
I will try very hard to make this my last statement on the subject (I know it has been over done) but I MUST make this point.

Today 680 the FAN repeatedly referred to "Tech coaches' Resume Deceptions". I almost laughed - if I hadn't been so ticked. Isn't that choice!
THEY ARE GUILTY OF "PUFFING" THE STORY!!! This is inaccurate! (dare I say, distortion or lie?)! In a way, its even worst because it appears to be intentional and deliberate distortion of the facts. From all we can tell, to this point, RS and TR had inaccurate information on their BIO, not their resume, and it remains to be seen whether there was any intentional "deception" going on.
To sum up: Having inaccurate info on a bio and not correcting it is W-R-O-N-G. But if it is an exception for a person who otherwise has demonstrated high moral character, is it a fireable offense? I don't think so, and I don't think there are many of us who could pass that kind of standard if applied to our lives on a regular basis(including the folks at 680).
Sorry ... just had to vent!

Do yourself a favor and just stop listening to those guys... I posted this yesterday in another thread...

and as far as Buck and Kincaid go.. I stopped listening to them in early December... Buck admitted that his bio was wrong at 680, but he had it corrected, my question to him would be, how did it get that way in the first place, and how long had it been that way... I am sure it would still include "several markets" if the GOL fiasco had not happended... If the position they took with RS and TR indicates their belief, then Buck should admit that he is a liar as well... Both are immature men, who lack professionalism, they sort of remind me of lounge lizards... Buck should get on his knees and thank God every night for Hershel... without him, he was just another mediocre quarterback, playing on another mediocre Georgia team... I just let Clarke tell me how to save some money....

I don't know anything about either of these gentlemen. And that is just the point. If we, as supporters of GT athletics accept information submitted by these PROSPECTIVE hires, especially after the GO'L debacle, as the truth, then later find it to be false, then we have only ourselves to blame for compromising the program.

To paraphrase an earlier post, how can GT have a student honor code, then look the other way when it comes to standards set for employees of the same institution?

If we don't strive continually to maintain high standards, we are certainly no better than . . .<well, insert the school of your choice here.>

75Jacket -- I understand and respect your view. Please understand -- I am not condoning or saying that what these men did was right(if it was failing to clear up false info on bios) -- it was wrong. However, I really feel that in cases of moral failure you have to weigh the totality of the person's life and record. I certainly hope that is considered. I think the analogy of the student honor code has some merit, but that deals with cheating in order to gain something once you are at the school. A better analogy would be this: An applicant to Tech exaggerates his extra curricular achievements in high school, is later accepted, and then 3 years later the inaccuracies come to light. The student has a 3.4 avg and has been a model citizen. Should this student be kicked out of school? Most students who cheat while in school receive an F for that class but are not kicked out on first offense.

My point and emphasis is not to condone this offense but to argue that termination is not the appropriate response to this "crime", if these two men are otherwise men of high character.

75, indications are that the 2 coaches submitted NOTHING. The misinformation came from their old schools to SID and to the public from there. They did NOT walk into Tech and say anything about their college careers, they did NOT misrepresent themselves to Braine, to gailey, or to anyone at GT. The publicity people got hold of old, bad information and put it out. I say this with the utmost confidence that had either one of them lied to Gailey or Braine, they'd be long gone, and we would have long ago dropped this topic.

I know you guys are concerned about Tech's reputation, but believe me no one with an ounce of common sense will take this seriously one month from now. The only reason the story has legs now is that GT has such a lofty place in academics and athletic integrity. Dont you know Bama, FSU, even UGA wishes their scandals were about their publicity departments puffing coaches? Or even their coaches fudging bios 10, 20, or 30 years ago? If THAT'S the only stink you can find on Tech sports, then good for Tech.

Really, if I were President of UGA, I'd be wondering why the hell the Atlanta papers are so blase about alleged rapists in UGA athletics. I'd be asking myself, "Why isn't this news? Is no one surprised?" I'd be raising holy hell with Dooley and Harrick and Deacon Richt IN PUBLIC.

And don't forget, the Jackets will ROCK in 2002!! Chins UP! Stingers WAGGIN'!

You make some great points. My hope and my prayer is that this committee will decide wisely based on all the facts, not just what the newspapers and radios say. I'm confident they will -- and I will support their decision.

I think that 680 & the AUC are Tech's biggest enemy's not FSU or Md or any other ACC and maybe not even Ugag. So lets just boycott them both.

I AM god, I am Jesus, no big deal, this "problem" deserves to be put to rest. Did he say he was Jesus? Get over it, children. Maybe we ought to require age verification. Most of these posts are extemely immature/

Old.. I agree with you.. and am doing just that .... I am cancelling my sub to the AJC, and my radio will not find its way to 680 again.

I remember hearing an AJC writer on the radio saying that Tech and UGA fans blast them for being biased. Right or wrong, if you go over to the Hive or Dawgvent, you can see this in action. What floored me was that the writer said Tech fans should really be happy with the coverage we get since UGA fans/alums outnumber Tech fans/alums by a lot. He is right, we are outnumbered, but we should be happy about the coverage?

The AJC claims to be an Atlanta newspaper, minus the Braves, every Atlanta pro teams sucks horribly and always has. The Falcons have had only a few winning seasons in 30 years. Thrashers suck but they are new and have had some bad luck with injuries. The Hawks were decent for a few years with Dominique but have overall always been bad and that continues on today. The Braves are good and they get nice coverage. Minus the Braves, even the folks in Atlanta don't care about Atlanta pro sports.

That really leaves the college sports of Tech and UGA. Honestly, I think UGA overall runs a great athletics program. They are among the top gymnastics, tennis, swim & dive teams in the country. Would it surprise some of you that more people show up for their gymnastics meets than our basketball team? So, I think they deserve some major props for what they have going. Of course, very few people in Atlanta or anywhere else care about college gymnastics, tennis, swim teams.

UGA fans and alums want to know about UGA football and basketball. Guess what AJC? Thats exactly what our fans want to know about Tech. No one cares about the Falcons, Hawks, or Thrashers. So is that hard to cover Tech football/basketball along with UGA football/basketball and the Braves??

Ugh, thats enough ranting for me.

Back