interesting article about the hiring of our new coach (LINK)

Really interesting. Thanks, law_bee. Are we to gather that CG put a bee in Battle's bonnet?

And is this 3 paragraphs available anywhere?

"In the end, O’Brien pulled his name from consideration, and an angry Braine felt compelled to release a three-paragraph explanation describing the events. As it turned out, none of the newspapers that cover Tech on a daily basis ran Braine’s explanation."
confused.gif

The thing that raised my eyebrow was that DB made a point to go after a personality that was the opposite of GOL. The article mentions their icy relationship. It mentions the Bradley and Bisher columns and how he showed those columns to potential hires. That speaks volumes about how DB thought of O'Leary.

Great article.. thanks law_bee.... and I agree with you Bugboy.... it spoke volumes concerning the DB GOL relationship... I still have to say though... although I agree with the hire... I am embarrassed with the way that Braine handled things with Mac... I dont think there is any question that he was less than honest with him... Braine showed me alot with this, and I am disappointed with what I saw....

Bisher is one of the all-time Dodd fans. I remember his columns contrasting BD with the Bear in regard to how the two treated players and played football.
Remember the out-of-bounds, elbow-in-the-face play ? It was either '60 or '61, at Bama, and the Tech boy (Chick Graning?) had to have extensive surgery to his "once handsome face" as Bisher put it. Tide came to Grant Field the next year and woeful underdog Tech beat them 7-6.

Bisher has waxed nostalgic more than once about tyhe West stands on Saturday afternoons, back when the only other game in town was the AA Crackers.

Back