Interesting Wikipedia Article on Al Ciraldo

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Maybe it's been referenced on here before, but I read a Wikipedia article about Al Ciraldo tonight. I thought it was interesting.

I didn't realize that, when Al graduated from Florida and moved to Atlanta in 1948, his first job was doing play by play for the Georgia Bulldog basketball team. He broadcast his first Tech football game against Tulane in 1954. Later that year, he broadcast his first Tech football game against Suwanee (sp?). When he started at Tech, he worked in the booth with Jack Hurst.

I remember being a kid and listening to Ciraldo call Tech basketball games on the radio. My Daddy was an accountant, and I found a special pad at his office that I used to keep a running play by play account. Al Ciraldo is a huge part of everything I associate with Tech. It seems like just yesterday that I saw many Tech games through Al's eyes. I was there the day they gave him the T off the Tech Tower. I still miss him. I wouldn't have traded him for any other announcer. He loved Georgia Tech.

Maybe it's been referenced on here before, but I read a Wikipedia article about Al Ciraldo tonight. I thought it was interesting.

I didn't realize that, when Al graduated from Florida and moved to Atlanta in 1948, his first job was doing play by play for the Georgia Bulldog basketball team. He broadcast his first Tech football game against Tulane in 1954. Later that year, he broadcast his first Tech football game against Suwanee (sp?). When he started at Tech, he worked in the booth with Jack Hurst.

I remember being a kid and listening to Ciraldo call Tech basketball games on the radio. My Daddy was an accountant, and I found a special pad at his office that I used to keep a running play by play account. Al Ciraldo is a huge part of everything I associate with Tech. It seems like just yesterday that I saw many Tech games through Al's eyes. I was there the day they gave him the T off the Tech Tower. I still miss him. I wouldn't have traded him for any other announcer. He loved Georgia Tech.
Full transparency I’m a UGA guy but, as a kid I would listen to some Tech games on the radio and there was no one that had his sound, he was so uniquely GT, he did love GT you could hear it in his voice. I to can still hear his voice coming over the radio calling a game and much like you I can’t think of years past and GT with out thinking and hearing Al Ciraldo’s voice, good stuff.

I can still hear Ciraldo's voice. I used to listen to Al and Kim on my little AM with earphones while at the games back in the Big 80s.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig John Davis up over that football
Snap from Center! Dewberry back... Looking... Looking... Throwing!... Loooooooooooooooooooooong pass\... The Man Is There!! CAUGHT for a Big Gain!

This was cool to see. I may be wrong but it didn't seem like there were any huge name superstars either, these guys just committed and played great together as a team. Although Coleman was a stud on defense. He gave UGA fits.

Back