Interview with Reggie Ball!

LadyBuzz

Varsity Lurker
Did yall just see the interview with Reggie Ball?
He is a great kid with a good mind and a very determined athlete which makes him the number he is #1. Im glad I bought his Jersey.
blue.gif

LadyBuzz, could you recap the interview for those of us that didn't see it?

In the short 5 minute interview it had his old coach from high school talking about how good a player he was in high school and how he came into that football team a leader and never settled for less. It had his dad talking about how no college recruits would let him come in as a freshman quarter back until he met with chan gailey. Chan gave him the opportunity he wanted basically and he had done a wonderful job at QB in my opinion being so young. Reggie said he will NEVER EVER fail at anything he does because he expects nothing but the best out of himself and won't settle for less in any situation including football, academics, etc. He said he gets out there and has fun and on the inside he is gleaming with joy.
Great guy.

A couple of other things from the interview.

Reggie Sr. told about a conversation with Jr. before the season started. Jr. said he wanted to go for the starting job, but Sr. said he wanted him to redshirt. Son reminded dad about watching "Iron Will" (show about sled dogs) when he was a boy and dad telling him "Always be the lead dog." Dad said, "Reggie has always been the lead dog. And the lead dog never follows, he has to be the leader or he can't function."

Also Reggie's high school coach said one reason he wasn't more heavily recruited was that they didn't ask a lot of Reggie or showcase him because they had such good running backs and running game that they didn't need to. He said he believed Reggie would have been a hot commodity as a QB if he had been passing a lot in high school. He also said Reggie was always a leader on the team even before he became the starter.

The more I learn about Reggie Ball, the more impressed I am.

[BTW, the stuff in quotes is not exact, just my best recollection.]

Thanks for the recap guys!!

How blessed we are to have Reggie at the Flats!

GO REGGIE! FIGHT! WIN!!

What I admired most about this young man is his confidence without the all-too-often cockiness that turns most people (including myself) off.

In the interview he projected an image that combined pure determination with a humble attitude - a true leader.

I am very proud that this young man is at Tech.

BBR

Back