Interview

refrigeratormover

Dodd-Like
I have read a couple of the responses to the interview tonight and appreciate your thoughts. As an ex-athlete at Tech I do feel obligated in certain situations to speak my mind, my only fault is picking the right fight.

I for one believe what was said tonight was my honest opinions, if anyone knows me I try not to waver in my thoughts to please everyone, it just won't happen.

As for the red shirt I think it looks more like watermelon to me LMAO. But you are right and it won't happen again. I felt I needed to say my thoughts on dave and as of now I will drop my opinions of him unless I am antagonized, which I hope doesn't happen.

We have a unique group on people on this site which I believe all in their minds have GT's best interest to see us succeed. Let's focus on GT and the task at hand and that is supporting them with our loyalty to the program, the kids deserve it.

I do feel we need to pick up all SEC games again with maybe a top 10 team in the country every year it only helps recruiting and with the facilities we have now good times are ahead IMHO. The road will be long but it will be worth it.

I will say this again the best thing that happened to me before my family came along that is, is that I went to GT and was a part of something special in the mid 80's. I don't regret one minute of it and would actually be honored to do it again.

I love Tech and I will do what I can to make a positive impact on the program and most important the kids. We have a unique group that I played with that I feel they feel the same way. Let's get through summer practice and when "toe meets leather" let's show all of the nay sayers what we are about.Outside distractions are hard to ignore but let's remember who we are. Thanks for letting me ramble.

you Sir, are an asset to georgia tech in every way. hopefully one day i'll get to meet you and shake your hand.

Thanks for the comments, John. I feel the same way and have stated repeatedly that we need to stop griping and support our team. It's so nice to see that someone as well respected as you will stand up for our guy. A lot better than going on 680 radio and running down GT.

How about a run down on what was said we couldn't get it out here in great state of Texas.

John, nice job. Wish others could see that's its okay to have concerns or differences of opinion without turning it into a deathmatch. The most important things here are Tech and the kids. Let's get behind them and help make the year a success. I'm convinced that positive support, with a little yelling thrown in when guys screw up, can help a team come together and achieve more than outsiders think they can.

You bring a tear to my eye.
I appreciate the post from yesterday.

John, thanks! You probably don't know me from sign name, and that's alright. Am sure you'd know me face to face. You've always been kind. Have enjoyed speeking to you numerous times at practices and games. We've had a number of great conversations. Can't say never, but I'll remember you as a player as long as the Lord allows me here. Remembering you as a player is very special. Beating Clemson and the All American Bowl win are real highlights to me. They're talked about often around the table with family.

With that being said It makes me feel really great to have you speak and be a part of what GT is now. I know others have their rolls, but you have certainly reached out to the GT family in a way that's unique to all of us. Examples of that are how you expressed yourself so well on the show but also how you post on GT boards. Know I'm speaking for many in saying you're appreciated.

Hope you and your family are doing well.

GO JACKETS!!

Great comments. I agree especially about scheduling tougher OOC opponents. With the stadium expansion, games against SEC teams like 'Bama, UT and Auburn will bring out the fans and help in recruiting. With tougher OOC's and the new and improved ACC competition, let's return Grant Field to the center of the Southern football universe as it was in the 50's and early 60's.

Originally posted by GTwig63:
Great comments. I agree especially about scheduling tougher OOC opponents. With the stadium expansion, games against SEC teams like 'Bama, UT and Auburn will bring out the fans and help in recruiting. With tougher OOC's and the new and improved ACC competition, let's return Grant Field to the center of the Southern football universe as it was in the 50's and early 60's.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I second that.
drinking.gif

I caught the replay of the show.. and although it has been said already.. great job John.. I think you said some things that really needed to be said.. and I agree completely with the big two..

Gailey needs to be given a chance to do his job

Braine needs to go..

Back