Is Jose Coming Back?

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
I’ve seen two articles in last couple days, one about Tech being a possibility for Cockburn to transfer to if not drafted, the other about rating the matchups in the Big 10-ACC challenge, both of which refer to Jose Alvarado returning. I haven’t seen anything that corroborates that - sure would be nice, though. Anybody heard anything official?

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
I’ve seen two articles in last couple days, one about Tech being a possibility for Cockburn to transfer to if not drafted, the other about rating the matchups in the Big 10-ACC challenge, both of which refer to Jose Alvarado returning. I haven’t seen anything that corroborates that - sure would be nice, though. Anybody heard anything official?
Hard to imagine Cockburn not getting drafted, but could you imagine this team with Jose, Usher, DeVoe, Parham, etc., plus the addition of Cockburn. Wow!

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
Hard to imagine Cockburn not getting drafted, but could you imagine this team with Jose, Usher, DeVoe, Parham, etc., plus the addition of Cockburn. Wow!
Just think of the licensing deals!

No, Jose is not coming back. The deadline for withdrawing from the NBA Draft is July 7, and Jose is working out for NBA teams July 8-11:

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
No, Jose is not coming back. The deadline for withdrawing from the NBA Draft is July 7, and Jose is working out for NBA teams July 8-11:

That don’t mean Pooh. Where there’s a will there’s a way

Jackets138

Varsity Lurker
How much are our local businesses ponying up to have him stay? Waffle House needs to pony up

CoachTech

Varsity Lurker
Still waiting for Jose to say either way. He has until the end of the day to make his decision.

CoachTech

Varsity Lurker
Makes sense. COVID is on the way down and the Euro leagues are opening up if he doesn’t find a team in US. He can make good money in Europe or Asia if he doesn’t stick here.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
A very nice way of making his decision known. He is going out with class after giving us four years of incredible effort and being a key part of our turning things around to win an ACC championship and return to the NCAA tournament. Best wishes, Jose!

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
So, who’s point guard next season? Parham or one of the new guys?

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
So, who’s point guard next season? Parham or one of the new guys?
Sturdivant, maybe. Smith and Parham in the mix. We will see how quickly Smith comes along. Sturdivant looked good toward the end of last year, IMO