Is the Fridge training our next coach?

G

Guest1066

IF CG doesn't work out, does Taaffe get another look?

I would imagine so but I hope not. My opinion of Taafe hasn't changed because of Maryland's success. Ralph's the mastermind. Taafe's just a pawn. No Ralph. No magic.

I'd rather see somebody like Spencer or Roof given a shot. I think they understand the TECH mystique. But can they recruit?

Oh please God no more hiring someone simply because they went to GT!!!! Not saying they could not do it, but not for that reason. Dooley went to Auburn, D. Royal went to Oklahoma, and the list goes on. If we have to get a replacement let us please raise our sights. There are other Jim Tressals out there.

Agree with you Texstinger. I'll add the next find as a big time coach is Hawkins at Boise State. We will be a year too late. Probably a Pac-10 out west will get him. Unbelievable job to put together the team he did and getting kids to come to Boise, ID to do it of all places. Explosive offense, aggressive defense and the kids looked disciplined.

I hope we don't get too wowed by "name" resumes. Ohio State went with the formula that we should follow - a proven winner at the college level who would look at Georgia Tech as a step up, not necessarily a stepping stone.

Back