is there a cheap shot in this post...........

Read my response on the Hive ( I am "UpperEast" over there)...

I know we're not supposed to discuss the HIVE - but here this author is taking the "high road" and being critical of those bashing Tech, etc etc. then he references a board that REALLY bashes Tech (>?????????????????) - So IF he is correct, whats the point of forwarding people to this horrible Tech board ???? It makes no sense.

In addition, this isn't the first time, BY FAR, that I have seen similar references to this board, in a negative light - and it REALLY BUGS ME...

I think we've been VERY good about not discussing the HIVE over here, but I can't say the same about the Hive....

Oh, I agree - it was a VERY cheap shot....very cheap...

WOW - the poster (of this issue) on the Hive agreed with me and removed the reference.

Can't ask for much more than that....Pretty awesome for him to remove the reference IMO

I was going to post a link to that post. However, the whole point I wanted to make was some people on this board should take heed of what that post has to say. Anyone notice that Stingtalk hasn't grown very much in a while? Hmmmmmmmm...

As far as taking a "cheap shot" at StingTalk? All I can say, if the shoe fits.....

is stinger14 there Beeware here?

I don't think there is any comparison.

This board seems pretty football specific, whereas the Hive seems to have a ton of off-topic issues etc.

Given that this is primarily a FB board, AND I'll add with very informed FB fans IMO; so since its off-season I don't expect a lot of noise over here. I don't think it has much to do with this perceived negativism.

calling a spade a spade is a cheapshot?

in that hive poster's mind .. he called a spade (stingtalk) a spade (a place where mindless negative vitriol flows).

beeware has been calling Gailey a spade (in beeware's mind, gailey is the spade) the whole time here .. that is not a cheap shot?

big buck uses anal humor on this board .. and accomplishes some degraded and perverse agenda, by that i mean whatever reason he had to make that post .. that is not a cheap shot?

bdg posts factually incorrect information regarding stadium expansion and then makes posts like "the sound you are hearing is Braine soiling himself" .. that is not a cheap shot?

what is a cheap shot?

Well, I guess its kind of like a TV show. If you don't like it, turn the channel.

I like it over here, and I like hearing the diversity of opinion, negative or positive.

To compare some people posting over here on this board, to an admin on the HIVE, in a post stating that the negativism hurts Tech....Then references a < really bad Tech board > seemed ironic and a cheap shot.

I don't see how these two scenarios can be compared - whatever....

Well the poster was calling a spade a spade I agree, but for the best interest of GT and all the boards the comment shouldn't have been made in my opinion.

I like it over here too! Is a cheapshot disagreeing with your coaching staff? Is a cheapshot being offended by what you see on the field? Is a cheapshot - concern for our program? Is a cheapshot - humor in light of a depressing year? I disagree.

Cheapshots to me are lies and innuendos - I haven't read lies or innuendos here for or against who the coach is and what they see. I see fans giving their opinions good and bad. Some may be more zealous then others but do I believe they are hindering somebody or something ... no.

In the scheme of things this is all relative to us being fans, we hurt when it's bad and we feel great when it's good!

Originally posted by ylojk8:
calling a spade a spade is a cheapshot?

in that hive poster's mind .. he called a spade (stingtalk) a spade (a place where mindless negative vitriol flows).

beeware has been calling Gailey a spade (in beeware's mind, gailey is the spade) the whole time here .. that is not a cheap shot?

big buck uses anal humor on this board .. and accomplishes some degraded and perverse agenda, by that i mean whatever reason he had to make that post .. that is not a cheap shot?

bdg posts factually incorrect information regarding stadium expansion and then makes posts like "the sound you are hearing is Braine soiling himself" .. that is not a cheap shot?

what is a cheap shot?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well beeware is everything you say he is but there are alot of beeware"s on the hive as well so if you call a spade (stingtalk) A SPADE (HIVE) both are really the same, and i think that statement made by the poster on the HIVE was not call far. BEESTORM HAS NEVER POSTED ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE HIVE AND I THINK THAT"s CLASS

i am sorry, but this board is a place where cheapshots are made every way and every day.

you find it ironical that someone preaching higher ground took a cheapshot.

i find it ironical that people here are incensed at a cheapshot at cheapshot central.

but like usual the truth is somewhere in the middle.

tommie .. you are right, BeeStorm has a lot of class. no question about it. i never intended to suggest otherwise and if my posts in this thread were perceived in that manner, i apologize.

All Gailey has to do is win, and he won't be washed away in this supposed sea of negatism.
While Stingtalk has it's share of jerks, I think its the most fair and balanced of the two boards. Shame on all you polyannas that feel threatened here and have to run back home to hivemommy so she can adjust your gold colored glasses so the GT universe is all pretty again. Why are you people so intimidated by negative opinions? Don't you feel that your positive opinion carries equal weight here? It does, you know. It's a damn shame that Gailey didnt win more games last year. Then this board would be overflowing with joy joy happy happy. Well, it didnt work out that way. Petty attempts to turn this board against the hive or vise versa are ridiculous. Its apple and oranges. The hive is just one of many insiders boards, and its proven in the past and it still proves that it will judge your opinion and stifle it if necessary. Stingtalk is a truly independent non-commercial board that is more forgiving of our most boisterous negative fans and allows them to speak just as the polyannas and the "wait and see" fans are allowed. Both boards are needed apparently or there would be only one.

Imb angst! Where's the outrage!?
grin.gif

Yes, this board is balanced. Anyone reading this board will hear both sides of any argument or debate.

For instance, when BeeWare takes his usual boring shots at Braine and Gailey, he is immediately bombarded with at least 5-1 odds of opposition to his post.

In reality, this does not amount to a negative slant, but it points toward a positive slant because of the posts opposing the negative view.

In reference to another post about recruits, we also see opposite sides of the debate on most every issue. The recruits can easily see that the remarks are not all one-sided.

Yes, there are times when a board administrator has to ban a few posters for the good of the whole, but for him to call Stingtalk a bad board because one elite group does not control all the opinions is folly.

rolleyes.gif

I just think it's ironic that some posters here are upset about what might be said on the Hive, when only a few months back the mods here had to stop people from taking shots at the Hive.

These two boards have different feels, different rules and best I can tell different reasons for being. And if the Hive's so bad, why do people keep posting links? I've never seen one on the Hive to a post on StingTalk.

My suggestion is that if you don't like the Hive stay away. They won't miss you and you won't get upset with them. I like both because of the differences.

FWIW:

cheap shot n. An unfair or unsporting verbal attack on a vulnerable target.
American Heritage Dictionary

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I like it over here too! Is a cheapshot disagreeing with your coaching staff? Is a cheapshot being offended by what you see on the field? Is a cheapshot - concern for our program? Is a cheapshot - humor in light of a depressing year? I disagree.

Cheapshots to me are lies and innuendos - I haven't read lies or innuendos here for or against who the coach is and what they see. I see fans giving their opinions good and bad. Some may be more zealous then others but do I believe they are hindering somebody or something ... no.

In the scheme of things this is all relative to us being fans, we hurt when it's bad and we feel great when it's good!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">_________________________________________________

AMEN SISTER !
That says it all...

One more point regarding Beeware..
Go back, if possible, and see what he was saying after some of the wins last year,,,He gave credit where it was due, and IMO was objective, rather than finding a way to be critical...Even found some optimism....He is a devout Tech fan, to the point of being obsessed with the turn of the program, away from what he thought would have kept us winning consistently...

He also, IMO, expresses many folks worse case scenario's, ideas that even the gold-colored glasses crowd tucks away in the deep recesses of the mind -- Beeware brings this stuff to the forefront, and I think it makes them very uncomfortable.

just my humble opinion

What does it matter what he says? I happen to like StingTalk better than The Hive when it comes to discussing Tech but others don't. It is a matter of opinion. I personally think the Hive loves to act like some wonderful place that always has been rosy about Tech but in the 4 years that I've been reading it I can tell you that they have just as many (probably more) negative posters as StingTalk. That is the nature of message boards no matter if they are discussing sports, religion, politics, fashion, etc.

The problem with StingTalk is that the "positive" posters often times won't take the time to post something positive about Tech and pay too much attention to the "negative" posters post. Frankly it has been a tough couple of years for Tech and that typically brings out more negativity.

If you see a positive article about Tech, post it, if you see something happen that you think is positive, post your thoughts, and if you see a post that you think is too extreme, don't read it. Don't sit on the sideline and wait for things to change. Why not change them yourself?

When our program gets on the right track and plays with some purpose and cohesion we will see the negative articles go away for the most part.
It hasn't been the losing by our FB coach that has
gotten my dander up but the confusion and lack of
discipline and the general lackluster play that eats me alive.
One of the proudest moments of my life was the Bill Lewis team that had a game stolen from them in 1992 against FSU. Sure I was disappointed that we lost but I left the stadium so proud of our Jackets that I could pop. Our team played with purpose and they played smart and they gave everything they had on the playing field and I was and I am proud of them for outplaying a superior team and would have won if the officials had not squeezed them on the on side kick by FSU.
I have relived those moments many times but never have I felt our players did anything but played their hearts out.
We have a different situation this past season and I will spare you all the misery of enumerating
all the blunders but I will be the first and loudest supporter of Chans if he does indeed turn this thing around. Again, it won't take a 12-0 record for me to be proud of Chan and the team but if our team is organized and plays hard and plays as if they had been shown some film and received some instructions and this old man will be firmly in his corner. Another run like 2002 and I will be as critical as ever.

Back