It’s Safe To Say Duke Is A Must Win To Make it to the ACCCG

Yeah, this would only be true if college teams' performances didnt change throughout the year. And mathematically it is clearly not true.

Well that's kind of a two-part question.

Can we make the ACCCG with 3 conference losses? No way.

Can we lose to Duke and still make a bowl? Yes, but that would require beating somebody that a Duke loss implies we can't but still yes.

Question for my learned StinGTalk brethren: I assume that the VMI win counts as a win for bowl purposes because no one (that I've seen) has mentioned it. I remember a time when there were restrictions on wins like that and don't know if that is still a factor.

Can we lose to Duke and still make a bowl? Yes, but that would require beating somebody that a Duke loss implies we can't but still yes.

Question for my learned StinGTalk brethren: I assume that the VMI win counts as a win for bowl purposes because no one (that I've seen) has mentioned it. I remember a time when there were restrictions on wins like that and don't know if that is still a factor.
Only one FCS win can count towards bowl eligibility.

I think that's because Akinji07 got cute and ööööed up the thread.

There are no "must wins" to make the ACCCG, because that ship has sailed. Duke is not a "must win" for a bowl game, but if we don't win, it will be a tough road. We should just win and worry about that other bull öööö later.

Hear me out, I think FSU beats Clempsun this weekend for some reason to throw the ACC's rankings into utter chaos and leaving Miami and Redbirds as only ranked schools. As long as we manage to beat Miami, I think we can lose 1 more conference game and still get in.

Of course that also leaves the door open for several other schools. The must win conference game is UM.

Hear me out, I think FSU beats Clempsun this weekend for some reason to throw the ACC's rankings into utter chaos and leaving Miami and Redbirds as only ranked schools. As long as we manage to beat Miami, I think we can lose 1 more conference game and still get in.

Of course that also leaves the door open for several other schools. The must win conference game is UM.
I was hearing you out until I read "I think FSU beats Clempsun this weekend." After that . . . you lost me.

Back