it starts in the trenches

ylojk8

Helluva Engineer
i will qualify my post by admitting that i don't know jack about recruiting.

is there a trend in our recruiting this year to go for linemen? looks like we're really after big OL and DL recruits

i think that's great!

it starts in the trenches

ylojk8 - Correct. We need numbers at the Offensive Line position for sure. By taking only 1 last year, we really made this year important for recruiting numbers. Eddy & Kevin are both big targets on the OL, which is a good thing. Kevin was recruited as a Center and Parker as a Tackle. I have heard that Gailey wants to "upgrade the overall size of the OL's in the program" -- that is a direct quote from my source. Many other guys we're looking at have great size as well. In my post on recruiting numbers last week I guessed that we'd get 6 OL in this class. I think we will get at least 5 for sure.

We actually have about the right number of DT and DE right now. We just need to have a "normal" class of 2 of each position. The thing to try and do here is bring in quality. Unfortunately this is very tough to do on the Defensive line -- everyone wants all of the good D-linemen. I think DT Wrotto would be a huge get for this class if we can land him. He has to be a top priority right now and it looks like we have a great shot at him. He reminds me of a Leon Robinson type of player that you want about 5 of. He could play on either line, but in his case we need him on D.

Back