It was Lou Holtz of South Carolina, Ron Turner

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Head coach at Illinois AND Belotti the Head Coach of Oregon (According to Univ. of Miami Board) that were the 3 head coaches that had the guts to tell the BCS off and Vote U.S.C As no.1 in The Coaches poll!!!! Interesting stuff...

Coaches shouldn't be forced to be politicians - the BCS is putting Coaches in a bad position by making them follow "a company line" on voting preference. Hooray for the Coaches that voted for USC - but man would that have been a great contest between LSU and USC!!!!!!!! Too bad the system didn't let that happen. Both schools had super teams.

Blackwatch, we seem to agree on most things, but I am still mystified why you think they had guts.

I personally think they did not have the guts to stand up to word and agreement. In other words, they caved in because the situation did not suit their fancy, even though they agreed to it ahead of time.

It sends a bad message to people to say I agree to these terms, but if it does not go my way, I will ignore these terms.

They should have honored their word and then fought to have it changed for this coming year. If they fight to have it changed this coming year and it is not changed, then they can pull out of the deal and state ahead of time they will vote the way they feel at the end of this coming year.

What kind of signal have they sent to everyone regarding the fact you should keep your word?

Father Time

I agree with you Ah,

I didn't see any of these coaches complaining when they were cashing their million $$ paychecks. Where do you think that money comes from. The BCS were able to pay big bucks for the guarantee of #1 versus #2 and now these coaches act like they didn't sell their vote.

That vote was paid for and I think those 3 coaches should be removed from the voting list. Now if the coaches want to give the BCS back their million $$'s now that I would applaud!

Law and Ahso..You are two of my favorite posters and we agree 99.9% of the time...I just see this issue a little differently...

Most any Head Coach is a fiery competitor and he does appreciate GOOD football and his competition...That is why that this BCS system stinks this year and so many coaches dont like it..Although these 3 were the only ones that stood up...Many have expressed their concern this year....The coaches didnt like having to vote for a team they did not think deserved to be no.1....I have no clue as to WHO represented the coaches when the deal was cut with the BCS..Law..Maybe you can research it and let us know...But, i would be very surprised that they would have gone for it if a deal like this year was envisioned.. It is my understanding that the COMPUTER poll (I think the guys on Espn said that was the culprit) was the one that screwed U.S.C. up this year ?? If we dont have a playoff then Computers should not decide anything..Also, i feel the Coaches should NOT have to vote a certain way and should be TOTALLY free to vote for whom they wish...They are the best judges as to who is best...These are the things that Wes and MANY,MANY others have a gripe with...Imho....

Jeeze, I feel sorry for poor old Lou Holts when he plays LSU next year. They'll run up the score on him good.

Maybe these 3 coaches are stepping out on a limb to say that what they signed up for doesn't work.

Blackwatch, if the coaches should not have to vote for the top two BCS teams, then they should have never agreed to it. It is their own doing, isn't it?

They should have stated from the beginning they would not be a part of it, then they are free to vote as they wish. They are not forced to agree to it. Had they stated from the beginning they would not automatically vote for the winner between the two BCS teams, they could have that right, but forfeit any claim to BCS spot if they were rated that high.

If they agree to be part of the BCS and vote automatically for the winner that gives them the right to be a BCS bowl participant. If any of the three had been the coach of LSU or Oklahoma, they would not have voted for USC as number one. That is called being two-faced. How do I know they would not have voted for USC if it had been their team instead of LSU, they have already proven they are not reliable and are two-faced.

They speak with a forked tongue and should not be allowed to be part of the process any longer.

They wanted to be in on it if they were number one or two or part of the BCS bowl arrangement, but not live by the arrangement of which they had agreed. The other teams should declare that these three teams could not participate in the BCS nor vote in it this next year.

Now, this is my opinion, you have yours, and this is the way it should be. I am not attacking you for your opinion, but I am attacking these three coaches for their lack of honor and integrity. They have broken their word of honor.

Father Time

Back