It's about Time

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
It\'s about Time

I've been on this board almost from the start. The stuff that is now appearing on the board is getting absurd! People calling other people "cancer", "not a true fan" etc. Today I read a post that had the author been in front of me I'd have given him a black eye. I'm a peacful guy and haven't been involved in an altercation since I was in the 2nd grade. So why am I so up set, are we Tech fans, can we not accept anothers point of view, are we so full of hate that we must spew venom. We Tech men are the cream of the cream so lets settle down respect others opinions and go out and cheer for the brave and the bold.

Re: It\'s about Time

Good post, OF.

Suits me. I voted for Beeware to stay on the board.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
I've been on this board almost from the start. The stuff that is now appearing on the board is getting absurd! People calling other people "cancer", "not a true fan" etc. Today I read a post that had the author been in front of me I'd have given him a black eye. I'm a peacful guy and haven't been involved in an altercation since I was in the 2nd grade. So why am I so up set, are we Tech fans, can we not accept anothers point of view, are we so full of hate that we must spew venom. We Tech men are the cream of the cream so lets settle down respect others opinions and go out and cheer for the brave and the bold.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">When people's view points are destructive, unsubstantiated, and constantly harping on the negative.... it's very hard to accept their point of view when it's quite obvious they are not even being FAIR. If you are going to attack people associated with the program on this board, then why would it hurt your (and I don't mean you imparticular old foggy) feelings when they are indeed attacked by the fan base?

Yes, I think these people are choosing to be cancers to the team. Be critical all you want, but be fair to.

And the fact of the matter is this... WE don't have to respect each other's opinions. I don't respect a handful of people's opinions on this board because its obvious they cannot form rational conclusions. Their welcome to their opinion, but if it's stupid and just downright nasty, then don't ask me to respect it. I won't.

So if that makes you want to give me a black eye, I'll let you know where I tailgate and you can come beat the crap out of me.

I hear where you are coming from... but try not to get upset over what is said on a message board. You'll live longer.

BOR, You jump to conclusions to think it was you. Or is your concience(sp) bothering you? It wasn't you, I guess it was more of a combination of posts. Had it been you I would have sent you an email. Now thats that. Ok, I won't respect your opinion any more. You said it, I'll do it. So we on the board may just ignore your posts since we "don't have to repect" them. As for MsTA I do not and have not agreed with her about O'Liar and CCG. But I still respect her right to her opinion. Isn't America great that one can speak one's mind.

I agree with BOR.

I respect everyone's right to have their say.

That doesn't mean I respect WHAT they say and it doesn't mean that I think they should say it. But they have every right to make an ass of themselves and be publicly wrong if they so desire. If I think someone's attitude makes them a "cancer" and I want them to know that, then I should have the right to say it. I should also expect some heat in return. That's called freedom.

BTW. Freedom of speech does not really mean that you can say anything you want. The entire purpose of that amendment is to provide protections from the GOVERNMENT. We can speak out against the governmnet and not fear GOVERNMENT reprisals. Originally it had no intent to affect our relations with each other or with our employers. People who think they can say anything they want and not face criticism from other citizens (with the same rights) by hiding behind the First Amendment are just flat wrong.

If someone wants to make a public statement, they have that right. ANY of us also have the right to make a public statement concerning it, INCLUDING the suggestion that they should not say it. That doesn't mean they don't have the RIGHT to say it. That's called freedom.

GWed. I of course knew about the freedom of speach thing for about 50 year now and knew it was about the US government. We now take for granted it cover everything, it doesn't. I'm sorry that you find my post to be offensive to you, (including BOR) but can we not be civil to others on this board. No I guess not, we can't differ so we must all be little clones.

Rodney King said "Can't we all just get along???"

In that spirit Bellyseries and I entered into a truce when Miami was admitted to the ACC.

He won't wear a speedo on South Beach and I won't eat the frijole's and onions and sit downwind from him at the Orange Bowl.

Asho and I are still negotiating!

GWed. I of course knew about the freedom of speach thing for about 50 year now and knew it was about the US government. We now take for granted it cover everything, it doesn't. I'm sorry that you find my post to be offensive to you, (including BOR) but can we not be civil to others on this board. No I guess not, we can't differ so we must all be little clones.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OF: Great thread and totally agree, you are a wise man!
drinking.gif

OF,

Glad to hear you are up to giving out black eyes!

Looking forward to your return to BDS to cheer on our Jackets.

GO Jackets!!

Originally posted by Father WASP:

In that spirit Bellyseries and I entered into a truce when Miami was admitted to the ACC.

He won't wear a speedo on South Beach and I won't eat the frijole's and onions and sit downwind from him at the Orange Bowl.

Asho and I are still negotiating!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
laugh.gif

Great post, OF!

It's also great to have you back where
YOU belong!

71YJ, got my tickets today for Aubum, Clems son, and of course for NCS. See you at BDS.

Originally posted by Father WASP:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And if this isn't a win-win solution, I don't know what one would be!

laugh.gif
Good one, Wasp!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is one reason I don't post often.

Where did I ever say your post was offensive?

Where did I ever say we should not be civil?

Where did I ever say we should be little clones?

READ MY POST!!!!!!

All I said was that we ALL have a right to say what we want. That doesn't mean we should do it. Just because you have a RIGHT to be rude, doesn't mean you should be rude!!!!!!

You're the one who seems to want us all to be little politically correct clones and not hurt anyone's feelings.

If you're going to argue with what I say, at least get the part right about what I say!!!!!!!!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BTW, I think it's very enlightening that the person who is preaching tolerance to the rest of us admits that he would have punched someone out if he had the chance because of that person's views.

Why don't you practice what you preach, bub.

Originally posted by getwrecked:
I agree with BOR.

I respect everyone's right to have their say.

That doesn't mean I respect WHAT they say and it doesn't mean that I think they should say it. But they have every right to make an ass of themselves and be publicly wrong if they so desire. If I think someone's attitude makes them a "cancer" and I want them to know that, then I should have the right to say it. I should also expect some heat in return. That's called freedom.

BTW. Freedom of speech does not really mean that you can say anything you want. The entire purpose of that amendment is to provide protections from the GOVERNMENT. We can speak out against the governmnet and not fear GOVERNMENT reprisals. Originally it had no intent to affect our relations with each other or with our employers. People who think they can say anything they want and not face criticism from other citizens (with the same rights) by hiding behind the First Amendment are just flat wrong.

If someone wants to make a public statement, they have that right. ANY of us also have the right to make a public statement concerning it, INCLUDING the suggestion that they should not say it. That doesn't mean they don't have the RIGHT to say it. That's called freedom.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Guys & Gals, sorry to just cut to the chase, but there is ONLY ONE solution/salve for all of the above neurosis about: politeness/respect/1st Amendment phobia, blah blah blah, and it has NOTHING to do with who our coach is: WINNING! THWG

As long as we are not WINNING (NOT to be confused with last year's "record"), the GT passion pot will boil over and rightfully so. Otherwise we really are dead as far as D-1 level football is concerned. THWG again!

Back