It's great to be a fuzzy bee (again)!

Aiken Jacket

Flats Noob
It\'s great to be a fuzzy bee (again)!

Outstanding effort on both sides of the ball from the players and coaches. I am very proud of the team and the staff for hanging together and playing a complete football game. For some reason, I had confidence even when Stanford scored the TD and the conversion that Tech would march down the field and answer with authority. I have not had that feeling since the last drive of the Syracuse game way back in August.

Game balls (big ones) to O'Brien and Coach Mac for the end arounds, the 2 QB rotation, the attempts at trickery, and most of all for not running on first and second downs all game long. I thought the offensive game plan was a good one, and was run pretty efficiently all game, with few of the mental errors that usually plague a team after a number of off weeks.

Glad to see the seniors go out with a big win against a quality opponent, and for the underclassmen to have fun at the end of the year. Maybe this will carry over a little bit anyway, and the good times will last all season in 2002!

Coach Mac deserves a fair shake. I hope he gets one(or already got one, if the reports are true) from Braine. He handled his month in charge with class, dignity, and honor that is what we should look for in a head coach. I will stand behind whomever is called, but I hope he at least got his shot at the job - I would hate to lose him.

Now we can concentrate on b-ball. To hell with IUPUI!

GO JACKETS!!

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Re: It\'s great to be a fuzzy bee (again)!

Agree, everything went well with the team. Even though I don't think Mac is in consideration at this time, I do think the bowl win will help him, if he is considered for another job somewhere.

I hope the new coach will keep O'Brien as the OC, he did pretty well in his first year, and, possibly, could have looked better with a little more freedom during the past year.

It will be interesting to see how the staff is filled out by the new coach. The game should have held our prospective recruits in consideration of GT. The enthusiasm on the field should help them keep us in mind.

yellowjacket

Varsity Lurker
Re: It\'s great to be a fuzzy bee (again)!

I thought the staff did a fine job...out from under the O'Leary "stare".....I don't believe a George O'Leary led team would have won today. Special congrats to Sean Gregory who O'Leary kept in the doghouse most of the season. I appreciate the things O'leary did for Tech ; I am sorry for him re his personal situation but I am glad he is gone.