It's time to cut the crap...

Axe

Flats Noob
It\'s time to cut the crap...

...and become a Jacket family. We've all had our differences and at times we have wished the coaches would do some things differently. Well, the time has come to put the junk in the closet and get ready to play a huge football game.

We are playing great defense and special teams. That's a great place to start. We've got 2 weeks to make this thing happen. I can promise you Tenuta, Gailey, O'Brien and crew will be working their butts off to put the right game plan together. I haven't liked everything we've done this year, but these are bright men and they're going to put a good game plan together. The players have two weeks to watch film, prepare their bodies and minds for this ball game. The O-line will get some big bodies back and this underrated group is going to think about doing what it takes to show they are the best unit in this state.

Our RBs have fought all season and held the rope for their teammates. Clink, PJ and others will prepare to protect the football and pick up that extra yard to convert the key 3rd and short.

The WRs will focus all week on making the big catch. To treasure every ball thrown their way and make the big plays that will push us over the top.

We've(myself included) given AJ a very hard time, but he is a Jacket and you know he is going to do whatever it takes to help his teammates win. I have a feeling this team is going to give everything they have two weeks from now. In fact, I know it will be true.

We must prepare ourselves as well. Let's flush the negative energy down the toilet. We are proud of this football team and proud of our school. UGA fans are making December hotel and dinner reservations in Atlanta, booking plane flights, dreaming of BCS calcuations. While our Jackets think about 1 thing, Glory. We've got 2 weeks, 60 minutes to make it happen.

Get fully behind this team, we've got the whole winter to talk about this junk. 2 weeks, 60 minutes, savor it.

Go Jackets!

Re: It\'s time to cut the crap...

Damn straight, BROTHER.

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

UGA --->
behead.gif

I completely agree. Lets put all our energy towards beating those nasty mutts. We've got all the time in the world to debate how we think things should have gone but we can't change the past.

However, if we cheer loud enough and focus on pumping up our team, then we can change the future.

Let's go Jackets!!!

Great post.

The players and coaches have played the hand that they've been dealt this year. It's time for the fans to do the same.

thanks for a great post Axe ... and I agree completely...

We are a 7-4 team right now, with a chance to be 8-4... I know I havent been too happy with the way that some things have gone this year... but I am probably more proud of this team that any team since 1989... this team has shown grit... I for one am behind this staff and this team 100% ...

There have been so many reasons for this team to quit... injuries to the O and D leaders.. losing big Nat for the FSU game.. AJ goes out there with the flu and a swollen head to try and get a win... Rhino running on a gimpy leg... Freshmen coming in an producing... a coaching staff trying to gel...

This team CAN BEAT Georgia... but as you say, it will take 60 full minutes.... I hope the OL decides to dominate... I hope the defense swarms... I hope Clinkscale has his career day... I hope AJ is consistent and our offensive strategy puts him in a positon to succeed...

I am with you... I have grown tired of all the negativity on this board... I am ready for some positive reading for a change.

I'm with ya. With our defense and with our ability to fight and not give up, anything is possible.

Great post...
And just maybe Georgia will come to a game and LadyLuck will shoot them a bird. They are bound to have a nothing go right day at least once this season. And this would be the perfect time for it to happen. A football takes funny bounces. You just never know. That is why you play the game. It can happen and it would be just too wonderful to see the Jackets sting the mangy mutts.
fart.gif

Do I smell a StingTalk pep rally?
But you're right! It's time we start singing Up with the White and Gold to the same tune. It's time to rally behind our Jacket's! It's time to rock the visitor section of Sanford and son Stadium! But most of all, it's time we put those stupid mutts in their place!
Up with the White and Gold!
Down with the Red and Black!

Back