It's too bad that GT fans are so 'touchy' right now.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
It\'s too bad that GT fans are so \'touchy\' right now.

The last several yrs have been fun. We could say just about anything about ole O'L & everybody would chime in something & not try to pick the poster apart. Now the Tech fans are divisive & emotional. It's what I've called the Lewis Syndrome in past posts as the fear of returning to that dastardly period is sometimes overwhelming, especially after the real good yrs we've had lately.
Actually this past yr wasn't good or bad, leading to the division of fans. I will say that next yr will unite the large majority of the Tech fans. IT'LL GO ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. Gailey gets '03 so let's not 'pick' each other so bad that no one, on either side, wants to post. These boards are for GT info, both ways, so let's enjoy each other's thoughts.
The TRUTH is that we all want Ga Tech to be a winning, Bowling football team. We don't give a HOOT who is the coach as long as we have a chance to win the ACC. We don't care if it's Dodd, Fulcher, Rogers, Curry, Ross, O'Leary or Gailey. We wouldn't have even whispered 'fire him' about Curry, Ross or O'Leary. If they win for us they're here for life in our minds & it doesn't matter who.
'03 tells the tale on Coach Gailey & it'll be handled, either way, so let's talk about what we did or didn't get in recruiting or injuries or coaching or different player positions in the view of sharing knowledge & comraderie as Ga Tech fans.

Re: It\'s too bad that GT fans are so \'touchy\' right now.

I completely agree about next year - I have a feeling we'll all be on the same page.

I HOPE its the winning page !

Excellent post Ace..........I would have even added (pardon me while I get behind the bunkers)
Lewis to that list.
As I have said before....I don't care who leads us to the promised land; but I do want someone to do it. And I will 100% support anyone that is of the mind to do so. If a coach is of good calibre he/she will realize if they are up to the job and after awhile will dig in or move out. I, for one, trust the character (though not every decision) of Coach Chan. I think he will give it his all and if he sees that he is incapable, he will move on. I honestly think he is that kind of person. Personally, I think (along with many others) that the jury is still out. But,in the meantime, I am giving him all the support I can and standing with him, knowing that he and I and all of us want the same thing: Success!!! Thanks for a good post.

Great post, I agree 100%.

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
I completely agree about next year - I have a feeling we'll all be on the same page.

I HOPE its the winning page !
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Me too Gold Rush!!

I don't understand what you mean Ace! hehe
wink.gif
Actually I do.
grin.gif
Nice post!

GO Jackets!

Frustrating seasons like 2002 are what separate the
real fans from the fickle ones.

You cannot truly savor the taste of success if you
gain it easily or without effort.

I live with a 'Nole. I know of what I speak.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
If a coach is of good calibre he/she will realize if they are up to the job and after awhile will dig in or move out. I, for one, trust the character (though not every decision) of Coach Chan. I think he will give it his all and if he sees that he is incapable, he will move on. I honestly think he is that kind of person. Personally, I think (along with many others) that the jury is still out.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">techsamillion,
Thanks for your efforts to put a good face on the situation. One question though....do you think we should take up a collection and buy Chan some eyeglasses...just in case??
shocked.gif

Originally posted by GEETEELEE:
[QB]B'ware, I usually ignore your posts, but you obviously weren't there for the Duke game in '94. THAT was a truely pathetic, embarassing performance. Yeah, the UGA game was pretty bad as well, but that Duke game was worse.

----------------------------------

Please don't remind me of that game..I was there too.....To take a bunch of **** from Dook fans in Football was more than I could take...What a horrible day that was..

Good post ACE! I look forward to EVERY season whatever the expectations. I can remember being dogged on an on going basis by UGAg fans I worked with each year because they were in the Top 20 and we weren't in sight. I fought our battles with them then and continue to do so. Although it was really nice when we had our win streak (the hounds were very silent)!

I never went to a game whatever the point spread and didn't think we wouldn't win. Heck, I picked us to beat Ugag this year! I can't imagine not being there every Saturday and supporting them.

What's that saying, "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat." That says it all for us diehards.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I never went to a game whatever the point spread and didn't think we wouldn't win. Heck, I picked us to beat Ugag this year! I can't imagine not being there every Saturday and supporting them.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTech,
I also picked us to beat ugag. And I went one step further.
I had previously been to 3 TECH games in Athens and we had won all 3 of them....1984, 1998, 2000. So even though I had a serious conflict that day...I made arrangements and went to the game in Athens in hopes that I could keep my record intact and watch a TECH victory.
Needless to say....it was the most pitiful excuse for a ball game that I have ever seen...and I have never seen a TECH team show up that unprepared to play a ball game....NEVER.
After a full year to get ready for our rival, it showed me that I had been right about Chan from day one.

B'ware, I usually ignore your posts, but you obviously weren't there for the Duke game in '94. THAT was a truely pathetic, embarassing performance. Yeah, the UGA game was pretty bad as well, but that Duke game was worse.

In Lewis's 3rd year it became obvious as the season went on that he wasn't going to get the job done. The situation with Chan is nowhere near as obvious at this point. We'll have a much better idea by the time UGA rolls into Grant field. You are intitled to your opinion on Chan, but you are a long way from being proved correct.

Originally posted by beeware:
Thanks for your efforts to put a good face on the situation. One question though....do you think we should take up a collection and buy Chan some eyeglasses...just in case??
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">beeware, I can easily be wrong but this does not seem to me the first time that you have mentioned "tak(e)ing up a collection". I am more and more suspicious that you are or at one time were a Baptist Deacon (not that there is anything wrong with that). But better than eyeglasses maybe Coach Chan needs a full set of rear view mirrors to more easily see the activities of those who are constantly attacking him from behind his back.

Yeah, Beeware, it's all about you!?!

GEETEELEE, I remember that nightmare with Duke very VIVIDLY. But we had another game with Duke at Durham In 1987 I believe when we were humiliated by them and I wanted to throw up. Near
the end of the game they had "WELCOME TO THE BASEMENT TECKIES" and I have had the heartburn ever since. I believe that was Bobby's second year at Tech.

Back