I've got to give Patenaude credit

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
His coaching of Yates is evident by Yates on field play. Cpat does make calls gears to Yates strengths.

Same for Sims even though Sims struggled with his accuracy in the first game.

I deleted my post anger post from yesterday, Patenaude didn't deserve it. .

You must've been watching a different OL than me.
I saw their D line man handling our guys like rag dolls.. and blowing play after play up.. we ran draws and screens and rollouts ..idk what else scheme or play calling can do about that

You must've been watching a different OL than me.

Our OL was decent in pass protect except when Clemmons brought the blitz. And we countered that well with the screens that resulted in Clemson mostly rushing 3 or 4.

Run blocking was a struggle to be sure. but we weren't trying to spread the field so we made it easy on them.

Our OL was decent in pass protect except when Clemmons brought the blitz. And we countered that well with the screens that resulted in Clemson mostly rushing 3 or 4.

Run blocking was a struggle to be sure. but we weren't trying to spread the field so we made it easy on them.
If uga has problems running on Clemson, I think everyone would.

What’s crazy is some people are acting like we were getting pushed around by KSU again.

We lost the game due to his use of Gibbs imo

Three first and goals inside the 10 and we got 6 points. NO !!! I don’t feel good about this game because we lost one we should have won. The OC can’t choke in those situations. If our QB had Sims athleticism and arm we’d be set. So a decision has to be made there to.

Three first and goals inside the 10 and we got 6 points. NO !!! I don’t feel good about this game because we lost one we should have won. The OC can’t choke in those situations. If our QB had Sims athleticism and arm we’d be set. So a decision has to be made there to.
Nah, the last goal to go series i didn't like but i understand the calls after thinking about all the variables in the situation. I believe the decision has been made at QB, Yates is the best fit for now.

Would it surprise you to know that UGA only had 1 first and goal and 3 points? Only twice in the Red Zone against Clemson's defense.

I get your point that we need to come away with more than 6 points in the three chances, but I think UGA's futility puts that into perspective.

Would it surprise you to know that UGA only had 1 first and goal and 3 points? Only twice in the Red Zone against Clemson's defense.

I get your point that we need to come away with more than 6 points in the three chances, but I think UGA's futility puts that into perspective.
I’m not talking about the mutts, the heck with them. It appears our OC chokes when the pressure is turned up. Most of those plays were blown up from the beginning. They panic and can’t get the play in on time which makes it tough our our guys to line up and run the play properly. Heck our last possession on the 3 yd line we had to call time out because of the confusion. And on the kickoff after the safety why not let Gibbs try to break one. After the fair catch did he expect Yates to heave it 75 yards?

Red zone offense has been a problem for more than just this game IIRC. It seems like we get a little too fancy in goal to go situations.

Red zone offense has been a problem for more than just this game IIRC. It seems like we get a little too fancy in goal to go situations.
I don't think it's about being fancy. The field of play is contracted and Yates doesn't have zip on his ball. Sims for a goal line package would have been interesting to see.

I don't think it's about being fancy. The field of play is contracted and Yates doesn't have zip on his ball. Sims for a goal line package would have been interesting to see.
And we don’t have the big uglies up front capable of pushing the LOS into the endzone against most teams.

Yates also doesn’t have Sims’s tendency to turn the ball over. Let’s stop pretending Sims is some kind of all American we’re under utilizing.

UGAg couldn't even score on Clemson with their gazillion 5 stars yet some folks try to throw our OC under the bus when we dont. We had more yards, more 1st downs, more points on offense at Death Valley than they did at a neutral site with a 50/50 crowd.

Back