I've never been so conflicted/confused over a program in my whole life

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
I\'ve never been so conflicted/confused over a program in my whole life

Nor can I recall a team thats so up and down during the course of two seasons. A new one for me.

There are times, where I am thinking "geezz - we're on to something...Winning big games with a huge deficit in player numbers, depth etc...

- taking a risk on a true Frosh QB - gutsy, good move that a LOT of coaches wouldn't make -

- Good, solid game plans in those wins.
- Team played inspired, enthusiastic ball.
- Nice power running game; nice clutch drives to maintain leads.
- Good team chemistry

Then, OTOH - in the losses:

- Two bad losses this year, 3-4 last year. Also the kind of losses where all of the above were nowhere to be found.Also atypical types of losses for the Tech teams we are used to.

- Special teams inconsistency -> to outright bad on many occasions - inexplicably...

- Lack of motivation seemingly or lack of something that I can't put my finger on in these losses. Team out-of-sync...

Maybe its simply youth. Maybe the attrition is finally catching up (but with one game in 4-5 weeks, how could that be a factor?)

Maybe its the fact that we SO SO overacheived in the big wins and the FSU game, that the expectations became unrealistic ?

Maybe the coaches are learning how to deal with the college scenario (indicated by the improvement over last year), but still have a ways to go (?)

I can't believe that its November and I don't have any better feel for the shape of the program/staff than I had this summer
-
pat.gif
pat.gif

Re: I\'ve never been so conflicted/confused over a program in my whole life

Gold Rush,

I agree. I don't think I have experienced the extreme highs and lows in such a short time frame than I have this season (and I have been a fan since the early 60's). I only hope the team (yea that includes the coaches too)learned enough from the Duke game to understand how critical the last three games are for the future direction of this program.

Back