I've never seen a QB have that much time to throw

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
There were some counts I had almost to 10 full seconds and many were over 5 seconds to throw. I was watching our DL and they were literally engulfed. Is Pitt's OL one of those 6-year senior experienced lines or something (like Wake) or are we just really, really bad at rushing the passer? I dont blame the secondary for their terrible showing. Nobody can cover receivers for that long.

There were some counts I had almost to 10 full seconds and many were over 5 seconds to throw. I was watching our DL and they were literally engulfed. Is Pitt's OL one of those 6-year senior experienced lines or something (like Wake) or are we just really, really bad at rushing the passer? I dont blame the secondary for their terrible showing. Nobody can cover receivers for that long.

Yeah we got pressure just a couple of times, not a good recipe against a good QB.

He literally went through his checks, and then went back through them on several plays.

Yeah, but on numerous plays receivers were running free right from the snap. If they had not dropped a couple of balls right in their hands, and Pickett had not missed a few WIDE open receivers, it would have been much, much, worse.

Watching the DL it looks like the plan was to engage the OL and not let them get upfield. After that, the DL didn't look like they were trying to move laterally at all, literally a stand-still stalemate with the OL, which is an advantage for the offense.

I could swear I saw him take a short nap at one point in the third quarter. During the play.

I think our coaching staff did not want him to be able to hurt us with his legs which he is really good at doing.

While we did limit his ability as a runner we did not limit him anywhere else.

Rumor has it that Zaxbys has contacted JT Daniels to endorse their kickin’ chicken sandwich DURING the GT game since he will have all day

daniels-jpg-1629248041.jpg

In all seriousness, like someone else said, we were content to rush 3-4 for the majority of the game, and I have no idea why. Even with 7-8 in coverage, guys can only cover for so long. So when they keep 5-6 in to block 3-4 every play, He's gonna have a lot of time to throw. Plus the times Jared Ivey got molested and Pitt never got called for holding. Those help too.

When we did blitz it got picked up easily and then we were more naked on the backend and the QB still had time to throw. If you can’t get to an experienced QB with good WRs, you are going to have a bad day.

Any one have a breakdown of Pitt's line blocking us? I'm not good at catching the details live, but I did see at least one of our DEs on his belly after every play. I'm not sure how that implies holding though.

In all seriousness, like someone else said, we were content to rush 3-4 for the majority of the game, and I have no idea why. Even with 7-8 in coverage, guys can only cover for so long. So when they keep 5-6 in to block 3-4 every play, He's gonna have a lot of time to throw. Plus the times Jared Ivey got molested and Pitt never got called for holding. Those help too.
Both of our coordinators inability (or unwillingness?) to adjust to things that were obviously NOT working was probably the most frustrating thing about the game. The bad/no-calls by the refs were infuriating, but we have to be able to overcome those.

The bad/no-calls by the refs were infuriating, but we have to be able to overcome those.
We absolutely do, but it sucks that we have to, and it seems like we have to more than not, and it shouldn't be that way. Case in point ---> UNC game. We ran them out of town in spite of officiating seemingly trying to help them.

Pickett was really good. When we did get some pressure in the pocket he moved effortless around it. He looked like damn Aaron Rodgers out there sliding around in the pocket with ease before rifling 30 yard back shoulder throws to the far side of the field.

I saw Pickett send a text to someone before he unleashed a bullet across the middle.

Last edited:
Back