Jacquan Henderson

So he intends to finish his degree at Tech but save a year of eligibility to grad transfer somewhere next year.

Pretty classy move if you don’t anticipate playing much your senior year. I wish him the best.

"I wasn't pushed, I jumped".

I think the coaching staff did a masterful job here. They have convinced the kid to get his degree (he must be close) and save a year of eligibility for a grad transfer. Obviously, we needed the 'ship and JH wasn't going to get much time. I think it's a win-win for both parties. This, IMO, is the way to do it.

Wait, you can’t actually stop the 5-year clock once it starts. Is he redshirting by sitting out?

Get that paper and the sky is the limit! Best of luck to any kid who chooses to bleed and sweat for GT, wherever his journey may take him.

Wait, you can’t actually stop the 5-year clock once it starts. Is he redshirting by sitting out?
Yes he would have been a True Senior this year. He'll sit 2020 out and then have one grad year.

Sucks for Jaquan as he was just a tweener and didn't quite fit the new scheme at his size. Glad he's getting the degree and best of luck to him.

I assume he’ll still be on a football scholarship this year though - while he redshirts - since he’s starting in school. Helps the graduation rate at least.

EDIT: I assumed wrongly.

Last edited:
Loved to have seen what he could have done at safety with his speed and quickness.
But he appears to be a young man with a trait you can't coach - class.

I assume he’ll still be on a football scholarship this year though - while he redshirts - since he’s starting in school. Helps the graduation rate at least.
He'll still be on scholarship but not with the football team. He won't count towards the 85 cap. This is a luxury new head coaches have for a few years in regards to players held over from the previous staff.

Back