Jamal Haynes Appreciation

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I didn't see a thread dedicated to him, but what a player he's turned out to be.

He is over 1,000 yards from scrimmage and only needs 69 (nice) yards in the bowl game to become our first 1,000 yard rusher since TaQuon Marshall and KirVonte Benson in 2017. 6 yards per carry and I think the O-line deserves a lot of credit for his breakout season, as well.

Another one we need to focus on keeping in the fold.

Has some highlight runs. Isn't the UNC game the game he carried a few players with him into the end zone?
I counted a minimum of three such runs: Miami, UNC and I forget the third. Kid is untackleable inside the 5 yard line.

From the article linked below:

So who were the most impactful players for Georgia Tech this season? I took a look at the PFF (Pro Football Focus) grades for the Yellow Jackets to see who graded out the best. Here are the top 20 players from the 2023 regular season for Georgia Tech according to PFF (snap count is in parentheses).

1. RB Dontae Smith- 80.5 (197)
2. RB Jamal Haynes- 76.9 (426)

Last edited:
I didn't see a thread dedicated to him, but what a player he's turned out to be.

He is over 1,000 yards from scrimmage and only needs 69 (nice) yards in the bowl game to become our first 1,000 yard rusher since TaQuon Marshall and KirVonte Benson in 2017. 6 yards per carry and I think the O-line deserves a lot of credit for his breakout season, as well.

Thank you, smokey_wasp, for posting this thread in honor of Young Mr. Jamal Haynes! Jamal has played great this year for Georgia Tech, but more importantly he is such a humble young man! When you watch him speak in interviews he has such a bright spirit. One can see the joy in his heart! Also, it's clearly apparent the fight he has to succeed on the football field, for he and his teammates. There are some players I NEVER will forget watching play the game. Jamal is one of those players.

GO JACKETS!

One of his runs that come to mind was against Syracuse when we were trying to ice the game late. Jamal made one of his patented good gains and had the ball knocked loose. I don't know how many fumbles Jamal had this year but the disappointment he had at making the TO said a lot to me about his character. Truly a great surprise finding this kid's abilities this year.

Jamal busted thru two dudes knocking one helmet off on the way into the end zone in Syracuse game. He runs like his hair is on fire when he sees the goal line. Plus he appears to be one of the most passionate yellow jackets out there. Keep him in white and gold no matter what.

His touchdown run was awesome where he hit the two Syracuse defenders so hard it sent one of their helmets flying

Oops, repost

Decapped for sure. Helmet came flying off the Cuse defender! Mr. Haynes is Tough and runs hard. Makes me think of Jerry Mayes and Malcolm King! :)
Jerry, Malcom and Cory. The Micro Chips. Dudes ran bigger than they were.

Jerry, Malcom and Cory. The Micro Chips. Dudes ran bigger than they were.
Jerry Mayes will always be one of my favorite Yellow Jacket Football Players! :thumbup: Jamal Haynes is working his way into that group, as well!

The Syracuse run was cooler (cutting back across the field and blowing the defender’s helmet off), but I still think this short run against Miami was the pinnacle of his toughness. Got met head on by a LB at the 4 and just kept driving to pay dirt.

8:23

The Syracuse run was cooler (cutting back across the field and blowing the defender’s helmet off), but I still think this short run against Miami was the pinnacle of his toughness. Got met head on by a LB at the 4 and just kept driving to pay dirt.

8:23

Oh, my, that never gets old.

Not only did he knock the helmet off of a guy, he simultaneously sent another one sprawling backwards about 5 yards.

He also has really good vision at the line of scrimmage and does well finding the gap in the defense.

syracuse_vs_georgia_tech_game_highlights__2023_acc_football-gif.79391

Back