Jeff Schultz Article

yeah..lets put a lot of stock into Schultz crap. He loves to be the smartass. Facts don't get in the way of good schtict.."free safety Eric Henderson"?

quoting the article -

"Tech's defense went from allowing only 11 yards in Vandy's first three possessions to making the Commodores look almost potent. Vandy drove right back to the Tech 27 with five seconds left. Finally, somebody added a sense of normalcy to the game. Free safety Eric Henderson blocked a potential game-winning 44-yard field-goal attempt in the final seconds to send the game into overtime. And after Reggie Ball put the Jackets ahead with a 25-yard scoring bootleg, James Butler who picked off a Jay Cutler pass to end the game."

Hmmm...wonder if the AUC catches that before it goes to print?

What's wrong with the article? I saw him refer to lineman Eric Henderson. That is not the point of the article anyway.

Gailey's comments after these games are truly quizzical.

I didn't see the game, but I literally drove into Atlanta so that I could get it on 790. Not from Augusta, of course.

Schultz sounds pretty on the money in that article, even though I still wouldn't walk across the street to pee on this guy if he were on fire.

The post game comments were disturbing. When asked what he said to the team just before OT, Gailey responded, "Nothing. They knew what they had to do."

I've been supporting this guy all along, and still will, but CocaCola doesn't have the largest advertising campaign in the world because you and I don't know what Coke is. They do it because they want to reinforce every positive thing we already think, or change the habits of those that don't agree.

Some things need to be discussed. It's not what you know, it's what you are actively thinking.

I have sat and watched what Lou Holtz does on a sideline at crunchtime, and it will make you want to strap on a helmet and climb over the guard rail and go smack somebody yourself.

Yes they knew, but they could have been reminded in a way that might make them fight that much harder.

I would have been there telling them things that will make them fight to win. You know some of them were fighting not to lose. We were on the verge of losing to Vanderbilt. The two fights are different.

Originally posted by techfowl:
When asked what he said to the team just before OT, Gailey responded, "Nothing. They knew what they had to do."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Seems to have worked...

Originally posted by techfowl:
I didn't see the game, but I literally drove into Atlanta so that I could get it on 790.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey Tech:
Know what the transmitting range of 790 is in the Atlanta area? How close in do you have to be in order to pick it up?

Buzz Bomb

I was just above Duluth and could not get it on the boom box or the car radio.

I didn't get it well until I was inside the perimeter. I was in Duluth for a business meeting and was leaving Duluth to go back to Augusta and couldn't get the game, so I literally drove into ATL to listen to the rest of the game before heading back to Augusta.

I've picked up 790 (somewhat) as far away as Athens. I think the weather or something was a factor. I even had a hard time getting 680, which I usually can, at least, decipher, as far as Thomson.

Regardless, I never really get 790 unless I am pretty dang close into Atlanta. Last night was worse than usual, though.

Back