JJ's stat of the day

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
JJ\'s stat of the day

We've got a chance to not only swing the balance of power in the state back in our direction, but we can also beat two top 10 teams in the same season. The last time a Tech team did that?...

1961. We beat #9 Southern Cal 27-7 and beat #2 Georgia 22-7 on the way to a 7-4 record.

So you see, we're guaranteed to win in Athens now. These things happen every 41 years like clockwork...
wink.gif

Re: JJ\'s stat of the day

Have you noticed that our wins have come in twos this year? We won the last one so we should win the next one. wwlwwllwwlw

Of course this may be bad news for the bowl game.
pat.gif

Originally posted by GTYELLOWJACKET:
Have you noticed that our wins have come in twos this year? We won the last one so we should win the next one. wwlwwllwwlw

Of course this may be bad news for the bowl game.
pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nah, bowl games are another story altogether. We lost in '99 and '00, but won last year. Therefore, we're due for a 2nd postseason win in a row.
wink.gif

Originally posted by 3518techie:
Is that the right year? I thought UGA was awful in 1961.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You're right. I checked on it and UGA went 3-7 that year. The media guide shows them being ranked #2 when we played them though.

Actually the last time it happened then was 1959. We beat three top 10 teams in three consecutive weeks that year - we beat #6 SMU 16-12, #6 Clemson 16-6, and #8 Tennessee 14-7 on the way to a 6-5 record.

Tech also won at South Bend that year as well. That's one of the strangest years in Tech history. Beat 3 top 10 teams. Beat ND on the road. Yet only go 6-5.

Is that the right year? I thought UGA was awful in 1961.

Back