Joe Burns showing much GT love lately

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I love that these guys are amping up the support for us and keeping GT on top of feeds. He's RT'd a good bit since CGC was hired, but he posted all 3 of these tweets today himself. Jamious Griffin liked both "ring" tweets. He could earn himself a couple just like that if we can get him on board.

Our HoF ring has a blue stone!?

1565.gif

This is not a CPJ attack. Get that out of the way.

I’ve detected that there was a big divide between pre-CPJ players and CPJ era players. It’s like a lot of the old guys were silent while he was here. I’ve spoken to one former players parents who basically said that there was no level of connection between former players and the CPJ staff. I got the feeling that they did not feel welcome.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It seems to be the case with old players coming out of the woodwork to reconnect through stuff like this post.

I’ve detected that there was a big divide between pre-CPJ players and CPJ era players. It’s like a lot of the old guys were silent while he was here. I’ve spoken to one former players parents who basically said that there was no level of connection between former players and the CPJ staff. I got the feeling that they did not feel welcome.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It seems to be the case with old players coming out of the woodwork to reconnect through stuff like this post.
Modz?

They didnt like him or the system. I was told the same thing by people who were close to former players. Not saying it was justified but a lot of former Tech players didnt want anything to do with the program even after good years.

They didnt like him or the system. I was told the same thing by people who were close to former players. Not saying it was justified but a lot of former Tech players didnt want anything to do with the program even after good years.
I've heard it cut deeper than that. I'll keep it out of public forums because it's pointless now. There were posts about it pretty early on in his tenure. All you had to do was look at their section in the stadium to see that there was some truth to it. It seems that this staff better understands the public relations aspects of P5 football.

This couldn’t be more spot on

that why we never see positive GT football stuff from BeBe, Dwyer, Burnett, JThomas, et al?

I've heard it cut deeper than that. I'll keep it out of public forums because it's pointless now. There were posts about it pretty early on in his tenure. All you had to do was look at their section in the stadium to see that there was some truth to it. It seems that this staff better understands the public relations aspects of P5 football.
It’s really disappointing because his players seem to love him. The guys from before him just kind of seemed to disappear. They were not really public about any sort of issue.....they just were not around for the most part.

So we regular fans who showed up, win or lose, should care about fair weather fans?

I’m glad they like GT again, but can’t help but wonder why I should care about this. Possible exception being their influence on high schoolers.

It’s really disappointing because his players seem to love him. The guys from before him just kind of seemed to disappear. They were not really public about any sort of issue.....they just were not around for the most part.
Calvin Johnson has been supportive.

So we regular fans who showed up, win or lose, should care about fair weather fans?

I’m glad they like GT again, but can’t help but wonder why I should care about this. Possible exception being their influence on high schoolers.
Saturdays are the only days you're allowed to support your football program?

Back