Johnson's Top 5 Wins

5. 2009 VT - as said before, the house was rockin
4. 2009 ACCCG - GT vs. the CJ Spiller Show
3. 2014 Orange Bowl - Redemption among the elite
2. 2008 Georgia - I hate Gailey
1. 2014 Georgia - because the only thing on this planet that is better than beating Georgia is doing it twice

Both FSU victories
Both UGAg victories
The night time blowout of Miami at BDS

MSU 2015 was top five for me. Watching it again right now. Beat down on the mighty SEC. Musburger saying the option has been unleashed on the SEC. ClAssic

2008 FSU game..that was the first time it was clear that we could own the top teams like FSU. Incredible atmosphere as well.

I still don't know what the point of the 2008 FSU defensive formation with two DL over the center and everyone else outside the tackles. I can only guess they were trying to cause a fumble on the center-qb exchange. Because once the snap was secure, Dwyer could have run a marathon before anyone on FSU caught him.

In order:

5a) orange bowl 2014
5b) Clemson ACCCG in 2009
(Forced to choose I take the OB cause took the momentum to the offseason)
4. FSU 2008
3. VPI 2009
2. Georgia 2008
1. Georgia 2014

The 2014 Georgia game had 2 of the happiest moments of my life in a 3 hour span

2008 Georgia. Maybe the best Tech comeback I've ever witnessed.

2009 ACCCG. "Parker gonna throw ... up in the pocket he doesn't get it! Tech's going to win the ACC title!"

2014 Orange Bowl. Utter offensive domination. Just surgical.

2008 FSU. Just by a bit over 2009 Va Tech.

And 2014 Georgia. "Butker marks off his steps. Rodwell will hold it. 53 yardd from the left hash to send this thing into overtime. Here comes the kick and it is on the way ... and it is GOOD! Butker got it! He cleared it by about a half yard, but he got it and we're tied at 24 and destined for overtime!"
Followed by "Hutson Mason has thrown for 194 yards. This time, passes and ... it is INTERCEPTED! It's picked off ! It's picked off! It is picked off! It is DJ White, who intercepted it, and the Jackets have come into Athens and stunned Georgia in one of the best football games you will ever see!"
Sitting in one of those private luxury boxes, Mutts to the left, Mutts to the right, Mutts in front (the student section) and Mutts behind. And it. was. quiet.

And it was one of the best football games I have ever seen. Suck it, Mutts.

I'm also partial to the Sun Bowl win over USC because the score doesn't reflect how one-sided that game was. But it can't break into that top five.

Back