JORDAN MASON

Former GT graduate and player Jordan Mason really shined at running back tonight for the San Francisco 49er's, didn't he?

Not bad for a player who played in a high school offense at Georgia Tech, Huh?

We had 2, I repeat TWO, NFL starters at RB on the roster and still lost games because Pnope and the clown thought we should base the offense around Sims passing ability. Un-bee-lievable.

Above the fold... (if anyone still remembers what that infers)

Screenshot_20240910-061016_Brave.jpg

Looks slimmer and more cut in the NFL. Hard work pays off.

He always ran hard as hell here. I remmember him dominating that game at Miami where we won in OT. He was our only offense but the Canes had no answer.

"I've been working all of training camp for this moment, and I'm blessed to be able to get to play today and show it," Mason said.

By the time Mason was done, he'd set career highs with 28 carries for 147 yards. He added a rushing score and caught a pass for 5 more yards. After the win, some were left wondering when the Niners knew McCaffrey would be out and Mason would be in.

"I've been working all of training camp for this moment, and I'm blessed to be able to get to play today and show it," Mason said.

By the time Mason was done, he'd set career highs with 28 carries for 147 yards. He added a rushing score and caught a pass for 5 more yards. After the win, some were left wondering when the Niners knew McCaffrey would be out and Mason would be in.

I watched that interview and when I heard her ask that question, I immediately thought "uh, oh - she sandbagged him." I was hoping he would say that he doesn't comment on internal team discussions or decisions, but instead he took the bait. I knew Shamaman was not going to be happy about that, and after the game he tried to walk that back.

And a lot of wagerers would have not been happy if the Niners hadn't covered - largely because Mason was a beaast. But frankly, the NFL should not be happy with coaches playing these sorts of reindeer games which tilt the betting odds. You just KNOW that if a superstar player knows on Friday that he's not playing on Sunday, wise guys have heard it, even if the general public is in the dark because the team has not announced it. This is exactly why teams are required to list players on the questionable, doubtful, etc. lists. Mark my words that unless the NFL gets a handle on this, a scandal is eventually inevitable.

This is exactly why teams are required to list players on the questionable, doubtful, etc. lists. Mark my words that unless the NFL gets a handle on this, a scandal is eventually inevitable.

The NBA already had something like this...a bench warmer who was selling info on how stars were feeling via a gambling discord.

Former GT graduate and player Jordan Mason really shined at running back tonight for the San Francisco 49er's, didn't he?

Not bad for a player who played in a high school offense at Georgia Tech, Huh?

that whole "high school offense" argument was always bullshit. Running backs and wide receivers did well. It was used by öööö schools to recruit against us and a lot of our fanbase started to believe it.

I watched that interview and when I heard her ask that question, I immediately thought "uh, oh - she sandbagged him." I was hoping he would say that he doesn't comment on internal team discussions or decisions, but instead he took the bait. I knew Shamaman was not going to be happy about that, and after the game he tried to walk that back.

And a lot of wagerers would have not been happy if the Niners hadn't covered - largely because Mason was a beaast. But frankly, the NFL should not be happy with coaches playing these sorts of reindeer games which tilt the betting odds. You just KNOW that if a superstar player knows on Friday that he's not playing on Sunday, wise guys have heard it, even if the general public is in the dark because the team has not announced it. This is exactly why teams are required to list players on the questionable, doubtful, etc. lists. Mark my words that unless the NFL gets a handle on this, a scandal is eventually inevitable.
So the öööö is already hitting the fan. {Sigh}

Jordan Mason reveals 49ers may have broken NFL rule

This whole "scandal" should be incredibly easy for the 49ers to dodge if they have the tiniest bit of sense. "We told Jordan he needs to be ready to start since CMC was questionable. He misspoke in the post game interview".

Sucks that this seems to be overshadowing his huge night.

Back