Jordan Usher Making Quite the Statement

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Glad they are focused and not looking ahead or anything....

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
Well then, hell's bells, why bother with the regular season? Lets just start dancing! :crazy:

gtphd

He / Him / His
Should we therefore fire CJP if we don’t make it?

Jacketblind

Sidewalk 4 life
CJP teams have lacked scoring talent, but his teams always seem to be well coached. I'd give him this year and next.

johncu

Dodd-Like
He seems

Aren't you concerned that doing that will cause the 2021 recruits to decommit?
If we can't make the NCAAT with this roster, when will we? Are we really willing to wait till 2023 when the 2021 recruits "get old, stay old"?

Same reason we fired Gailey in 2007. If he wasn't going to get it done with that incredible 2006 team in the weakest ACC of a generation, there was no point waiting to see what he did with the incoming recruits. And we did lose some recruits when Gailey was fired, but we also won an ACC title with the ones that stayed because we hired a better coach.

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
If we can't make the NCAAT with this roster, when will we? Are we really willing to wait till 2023 when the 2021 recruits "get old, stay old"?

Same reason we fired Gailey in 2007. If he wasn't going to get it done with that incredible 2006 team in the weakest ACC of a generation, there was no point waiting to see what he did with the incoming recruits. And we did lose some recruits when Gailey was fired, but we also won an ACC title with the ones that stayed because we hired a better coach.
I hear ya. But to be fair, the numbers I'm seeing day that Tech is not SUPPOSED to make the NCAAT with this roster. Example: KenPom has them at 73. They would probably need be about 15-20 places higher to get in. Hopefully, after actual games are played, they can and will move up and do that. I'm just saying that based on the roster . . . no, that is not where they are projected to be.

Based on this incoming class, which I see as PERFECT - several real good players, but no Crittendons or Favors who were clear one-and-dones - they should be able to build a really, REALLY good team by 2023. They still need a good young big man, but if these guys are as good as advertised, with good coaching I really believe thay can be a sweet sixteen team in three years. Maybe better?

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
I hear ya. But to be fair, the numbers I'm seeing day that Tech is not SUPPOSED to make the NCAAT with this roster. Example: KenPom has them at 73. They would probably need be about 15-20 places higher to get in. Hopefully, after actual games are played, they can and will move up and do that. I'm just saying that based on the roster . . . no, that is not where they are projected to be.

Based on this incoming class, which I see as PERFECT - several real good players, but no Crittendons or Favors who were clear one-and-dones - they should be able to build a really, REALLY good team by 2023. They still need a good young big man, but if these guys are as good as advertised, with good coaching I really believe thay can be a sweet sixteen team in three years. Maybe better?
But that is part of the problem, right? You’re getting 7 or 8 years in with this coach before having a real shot....if this year is a miss. Years are flying by with only the NIT run.

The Champ

Dodd-Like

IDK for good this roster really is; we have some good (not great) experienced guards but no real depth. Front court is a huge question mark past Moses as well. Last season was worst ACC in decades and I think expecting another huge jump in production is a bit of wishful thinking especially when benchmarking off 2019-2020 which was an outlier for the conference.

Hope I'm wrong. NCAAT is my favorite event of the year, and its exponentially better when we go dancing

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
We won't be firing Gregory no matter what as we pretty clearly do not have the money.

The Jacket

The Coat
We won't be firing Gregory no matter what as we pretty clearly do not have the money.
What. Did I miss the Eternal Hewitt Redux?

I think the debate is immaterial because I believe Usher is right. If we aren't dancing, I expect the ball has been cancelled. And even if not, my answer is no, we don't fire him unless we are a total basement case.