Jordan Usher Making Quite the Statement

johncu

Dodd-Like
IDK for good this roster really is; we have some good (not great) experienced guards but no real depth. Front court is a huge question mark past Moses as well. Last season was worst ACC in decades and I think expecting another huge jump in production is a bit of wishful thinking especially when benchmarking off 2019-2020 which was an outlier for the conference.

Hope I'm wrong. NCAAT is my favorite event of the year, and its exponentially better when we go dancing
You may be right, but I think this is an NCAAT roster if Pastner is an NCAAT coach. Here's how I see the roster:

Alvarado - NCAAT caliber PG (the most important position in CBB)
Devoe - All-ACC caliber guard
Usher - athletic defender that can be a great role player
Wright - NCAAT caliber PF
C - ???

All we have to do is find another big man (can even be a role player) and it definitely looks like an NCAAT team to me.

The Jacket

The Coat
You may be right, but I think this is an NCAAT roster if Pastner is an NCAAT coach. Here's how I see the roster:

Alvarado - NCAAT caliber PG (the most important position in CBB)
Devoe - All-ACC caliber guard
Usher - athletic defender that can be a great role player
Wright - NCAAT caliber PF
C - ???

All we have to do is find another big man (can even be a role player) and it definitely looks like an NCAAT team to me.
Alvarado is the Tech SA I've been most looking forward to seeing during 2020/21.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Just to add to this, I feel pretty confident in our ability to develop an effective shot-blocking center. We've had dominant shot blockers every year under Pastner using guys that were not highly recruited and/or did nothing under other coaches. We just haven't been able to score, but we return a LOT of experience and basically all of our scoring from the last couple of years.

We should be good this year. If we aren't, Pastner will be out of excuses, IMO. I do think he's a good coach, so this is the time to prove it.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
There are always excuses, we have a good recruiting class, and unless I am remarkably mistaken, his contract includes a buyout.

It would take an astronomically bad season to even think about it and even then it would take money we don't have.

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
But that is part of the problem, right? You’re getting 7 or 8 years in with this coach before having a real shot....if this year is a miss. Years are flying by with only the NIT run.
Water under the bridge. Or sunk costs, as they taught you in Engineering Econ.

If it makes you feel any better, Frank Beamer was 24-40-2 with no bowl appearances in his first six years at Virginia Cow College. After that, he flipped a switch, went to 23 straight bowl games, and at one point had eight straight years with double-digit wins. Yeah, I know it's a different sport, but it shows that it IS possible for it to take several years before someone's greatness reveals itself. Maybe that will happen with CJP. I suggest that you hope that it does, because I do not think he is going anywhere for the next couple of years.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like

If it makes you feel any better, Frank Beamer was 24-40-2 with no bowl appearances in his first six years at Virginia Cow College. After that, he flipped a switch, went to 23 straight bowl games, and at one point had eight straight years with double-digit wins. Yeah, I know it's a different sport, but it shows that it IS possible for it to take several years before someone's greatness reveals itself. Maybe that will happen with CJP. I suggest that you hope that it does, because I do not think he is going anywhere for the next couple of years.
Oh I agree that he’s going nowhere, even if he were to finish last in ACC.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy

This is fn hilarious coming from you and your bashing of CGC :lol2:

Unreal really

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
This is fn hilarious coming from you and your bashing of CGC :lol2:

Unreal really
Maybe you want to stop being a lazy ass bitch and post some examples of me "bashing" CGC instead of imagining it.

TIA!

Come to think of it, here's one from the "CGC ahead of schedule on making history" thread:

"Bashing" CGC

"Look, what good can come of this thread? I am still a Jackets fan. I will always be a Jackets fan. So I'm never going to root against their coach - as long as he IS the coach - no matter how disappointed I am. I hope he and the fellas beat BC next week. At this point, that's all I got. "

And this post from the "CGC naysayers check in" thread . . .

More "Bashing" CGC

"I am hoping hard that CGC is able to turn a corner and eventually get better results than we've seen so far here - or frankly, than he produced at Temple. Don't need to be seeing people here trying to keep spraying him with Teflon in 2022, 2023 . . . 2025.

Hopefully, I won't either.

Go CGC."

Dunce. And I don't mean CGC.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Maybe you want to stop being a lazy ass bitch and post some examples of me "bashing" CGC instead of imagining it.

TIA!

Come to think of it, here's one from the "CGC ahead of schedule on making history" thread:

"Bashing" CGC

"Look, what good can come of this thread? I am still a Jackets fan. I will always be a Jackets fan. So I'm never going to root against their coach - as long as he IS the coach - no matter how disappointed I am. I hope he and the fellas beat BC next week. At this point, that's all I got. "

And this post from the "CGC naysayers check in" thread . . .

More "Bashing" CGC

"I am hoping hard that CGC is able to turn a corner and eventually get better results than we've seen so far here - or frankly, than he produced at Temple. Don't need to be seeing people here trying to keep spraying him with Teflon in 2022, 2023 . . . 2025.

Hopefully, I won't either.

Go CGC."

Dunce. And I don't mean CGC.
Color, underlining and more
Look who’s back

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
Prove it.
He claimed somebody (I have no idea who) was "back."

If you think I am that unknown somebody, name the person to whom you refer and YOU prove it. And good luck with that, because it would not be possible since I'm not some previous poster who (I'm guessing?) left in disgrace.

Otherwise, you can now return to your usual whining and idiotic posts.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
He claimed somebody (I have no idea who) was "back."

If you think I am that unknown somebody, name the person to whom you refer and YOU prove it. And good luck with that, because it would not be possible since I'm not some previous poster who (I'm guessing?) left in disgrace.

Otherwise, you can now return to your usual whining and idiotic posts.
Thats exactly what he would’ve said.

gtm1ke

Varsity Lurker
The focus has now moved onto who will get to hold the trophy first.