Jordan Yates

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
Anybody think Yates might get ATL after the bye week? I saw him play a ton in HS against high level competition and am fairly confident that he is a more polished and accurate passer than anybody that we are playing. Not sure how his arm strength or athletic ability compares.

If Graham is down for awhile, Yates will be forced to prepare ATL. Either him or Lantz. Hell, Lantz was pretty good in the spring game, let's throw him out there. :)

I have predicted he will play this year all along. I am curious to see if he does, but without any knowledge of how he is progressing, I have no idea.

With the numbers we have at QB I would be surprised if the plan all along is not to redshirt him.

My preference remains to give James Graham some extended run as 'THE STARTING QB.' This of course is contingent on his injury situation.

I have minimal confidence in LJ. Tobias can move the offense, but limits our upside potential due to his passing inadequacies.

We need to know whether Graham can drive this bus. If not, then we need to be giving extra practice reps to Yates with intention to play him significant snaps the last 4 games of the year in preparation for him ultimately taking the reigns in 2020.

I feel like today we do not have a plan on how to develop ONE Starter......which is essential. All this flip-flopping is counter-productive in my opinion.

If Oliver isn't the future at QB, I don't think he is, this team needs to find a place for him on the field. The guy is shifty and he appears to be our only play maker to date. Whether it be RB, slot, and/or return team, he seems to be the only one that has made plays.

With the numbers we have at QB I would be surprised if the plan all along is not to redshirt him.

Maybe, but if Lucas is out for a while, Oliver is only trusted to run, and Lucas continues to look like he has, our number may as well be zero.

I’ve never seen a team rotate quarterbacks like this in the NFL.

Except maybe during the Wildcat formation era?

As for Yates? He’d just get killed out there behind the makeshift OL.

I'm an advocate that if a player is ready as a true Freshman, then you let him play. Don't get fixated on the idea of his RS SR senior season being more important than his Freshman season because the future is too uncertain. That said, regardless of whether Yates is ready, I don't think the team around him is ready. I would not throw him to the wolves in 2019. The only possible consideration should be to take advantage of the 4 games allowed while maintaining his RS and not 1 snap more.

If players are equal in talent and grasp of the system - you play the younger one.

But nobody here is capable of discerning this like the coaches.

I have no idea if this means anything or not. Yates had game headphones on most of the game on Saturday and was wearing a colorful cap. I think he was responsible for signalling in plays. He seemed very engage and was in on the offensive huddles on the sidelines. Maybe that is expected of the signal callers. It gives a good impression to way he interacts with others.

Not that it matters, but Graham just sat away from the offensive team the whole game and didn't seem to care what was going on.

I would prefer not to put an inexperienced player in charge of our dumpster-fire offense. Let's preserve red-shirts and just figure out how to get through this season with as little permanent damage as possible.
He has four games to play. He should have played some Saturday.

Anybody think Yates might get ATL after the bye week? I saw him play a ton in HS against high level competition and am fairly confident that he is a more polished and accurate passer than anybody that we are playing. Not sure how his arm strength or athletic ability compares.

Coaches don’t talk about him much, so that probably means something. Not ready enough most likely. Peyton Manning in his prime would have had difficulty passing with this OL.

I don’t see the point in playing Yates behind this OL. Perhaps if Minihan comes back and Cooper is able to stay in the lineup. But I still don’t see it happening.

He has four games to play. He should have played some Saturday.
If we trotted out one more quarterback onto the field against the Citadel, I think I just would have done the opposite of not killing myself.

It doesn’t matter who’s at QB if you got walk-ons across your O-line

It you have walkons on your OL, you run block. Especially if you havea size advantage. Hat on hat and hold the block. Let the qb/rb find the gap.

Back