JTS melt down imminent: Pastner extended three years

johncu

Dodd-Like
An extension was almost a guarantee at this point, but I hope the buyout is reasonable. Pastner still has to prove last year wasn’t a fluke. I think he can, but we can’t afford to handcuff ourselves to him, especially when it’s looking more and more likely that we’ll making a football coaching change in the not-so-distant future.

cyptomcat

PostBot
Staff member
An extension was almost a guarantee at this point, but I hope the buyout is reasonable. Pastner still has to prove last year wasn’t a fluke. I think he can, but we can’t afford to handcuff ourselves to him, especially when it’s looking more and more likely that we’ll making a football coaching change in the not-so-distant future.
I don't have confidence in Stanabury for a good contract from Tech perspective.

Bobinski was good at that.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
*missing the ACC POY

Tell me the story again grandpa about the 0 star that won ACC POY…..did such a great job coaching him that all the other bigs left. Then finallllly made a tournament and we couldn’t win because the one big didn’t play and nobody else could rebound

johncu

Dodd-Like
Tell me the story again grandpa about the 0 star that won ACC POY…..did such a great job coaching him that all the other bigs left. Then finallllly made a tournament and we couldn’t win because the one big didn’t play and nobody else could rebound
It must really suck to hate a coach so much that you can’t even enjoy your team’s success. Reminds me of the “fans” that wanted CPJ fired after 2013 so bad that they could never accept how great 2014 was.

jts1207

It must really suck to hate a coach so much that you can’t even enjoy your team’s success. Reminds me of the “fans” that wanted CPJ fired after 2013 so bad that they could never accept how great 2014 was.
If unranked and a round 1 KO in your first tournament over 5 years is what you call successful….

jts1207

It's more than that. We finished 4th in the ACC regular season, just two games off first.
Or 2.5 games out of 10th ….it wasn’t any kind of dominating performance.

I’m sure all the Pastner idiots have their excuses read for more years of nothing

78pike

Varsity Lurker
I really don't understand the negativity toward CJP. He came in here when the cupboard was bare and put a decent product on the floor by implementing a solid defensive system and an offensive system that was necessary due to the lack of talent. Over time he has shown the ability to adapt his offensive system to take advantage of his players' abilities. And as the talent has improved he has adjusted his defense to incorporate more m2m while still implementing a zone that continues to confuse opponents. But what stands out to me is his players continue to improve while under his watch. That isn't true for a lot of coaches. So what is the real beef with him as a coach? FWIW I put JTS on ignore long ago as his ignorance of basketball is evident with every post.

clapper

Dodd-Like
Nell Fortner got an extension too. Must be that time of year.

jts1207

I really don't understand the negativity toward CJP. He came in here when the cupboard was bare and put a decent product on the floor by implementing a solid defensive system and an offensive system that was necessary due to the lack of talent. Over time he has shown the ability to adapt his offensive system to take advantage of his players' abilities. And as the talent has improved he has adjusted his defense to incorporate more m2m while still implementing a zone that continues to confuse opponents. But what stands out to me is his players continue to improve while under his watch. That isn't true for a lot of coaches. So what is the real beef with him as a coach? FWIW I put JTS on ignore long ago as his ignorance of basketball is evident with every post.

Now replace Pastner with Collins and go post this in the football forum

georgia_tech_swagger

Helluva Engineer
I can live with the Pastner extension, but I'm not ecstatic. Fortner I've got no issues with. Maybe Pastner can do some recruiting work without the Bell stuff now. I think this season they'll likely go in reverse though without Wright and Alvarado. It leaves an undesirable taste in the mouth that the "break through" season ended with a crappy NCAAT draw, one and done without Wright in the NCAAT, and two embarrassing loses to start the season because some genius didn't want to practice because of COVID. So really you only got 2 months of quality basketball in that season. 2 months in 5 years. And now back to sub-NCAAT likely. Yeesh.