JTS melt down imminent: Pastner extended three years

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Can you put that "good idea" in terms of wins and losses? I personally suspect we'll win more games this coming year than this past year. While we obviously lose 2 out of 3 stars off the team we return 6 out of the top 8 contributors from last year. Throw in an exciting transfer(Smith), a couple of kids coming back off of injuries(Maxwell/Meka) and our best recruiting class in years. Plenty to look forward to instead of constantly calling(hoping?) for the worst.
You also forget how down the other programs were. We won’t make the tournament.

JelloJacket

Damn Good Rat
You also forget how down the other programs were. We won’t make the tournament.
Someone needed to step up and we did. There is no shame in that. Plus it was a ton of fun as the team was putting up constant highlights. I enjoy the style of basketball and I enjoy watching the players progress over 4 years. There really is nothing not to like at this exact moment in time. Put the bad feelings behind you and we will welcome you to the brotherhood.

jts1207

Care to wager an "I promise to STFU if he makes the tourney" if he does?
As long as you are banging the Fire Pastner drum when he doesn’t

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Then I think the term wager might be a bit over your head
I used it loosely. Just like I did in my “challenge” last week.

Trying to get you to stop whining like a little girl.

Vespidie

I'm your Huckleberry
Can you put that "good idea" in terms of wins and losses? I personally suspect we'll win more games this coming year than this past year. While we obviously lose 2 out of 3 stars off the team we return 6 out of the top 8 contributors from last year. Throw in an exciting transfer(Smith), a couple of kids coming back off of injuries(Maxwell/Meka) and our best recruiting class in years. Plenty to look forward to instead of constantly calling(hoping?) for the worst.
I get it now. We have achieved pre-season paper greatness.

Something that gets lost in the Pastner hate is that his first year was 100% respectable with the NIT championship appearance. That's like a nice 8-4 season in football, and lengthened his leash considerably through the next rebuilding years. The fact that he again had a good season with his own players a few years later earns him some general respect and job security. All this with a program that was completely hopeless for a good 10+ years before him.

Whereas, Geoff Collins has had two dumpster fire, Kansas-level seasons and started off his third year with a loss to a winless MAC school with a failed Michigan State statue quarterback. I don't really understand how some people can't see the difference here.

jts1207

Something that gets lost in the Pastner hate is that his first year was 100% respectable with the NIT championship appearance. That's like a nice 8-4 season in football, and lengthened his leash considerably through the next rebuilding years. The fact that he again had a good season with his own players a few years later earns him some general respect and job security. All this with a program that was completely hopeless for a good 10+ years before him.

Whereas, Geoff Collins has had two dumpster fire, Kansas-level seasons and started off his third year with a loss to a winless MAC school with a failed Michigan State statue quarterback. I don't really understand how some people can't see the difference here.
Pastner was left with something….Collins nothing.

jts1207

Pastner was left with a moribund program that hadn't made the tournament in a decade.

You're delusional. Losers lose. Players play. Tough players win.
Lol….then win a single tournament game in 5 fn years

Lol….then win a single tournament game in 5 fn years
We beat those Chicago Catholics if it weren't for commie covid nonsense, straight up. GT basketball was in the ööööing dumpster before Pastner, making the tournament as the ööööing Georgia Tech head coach should be put in bold on anyone's resume

We had a good 1 tournament win in the previous 15 years before our last appearance. Get some perspective, and throw your Waffle House Dummy Boy in the trash where he belongs