Just a great Quote by Chuck Amato....

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
He said "That before the game that Coach Gailey told him that he was glad this was the lasst time he had to face Phillip Rivers and that Amato replied to Gailey well it's bad that this only the 1st time he has to see Reggie Ball" Yes with a little luck with Reggie and his Health and ole Chuck will be seeing Reggie for 3 more years and will be winless against him..

I thought it was a class act on Behalf of Amato after the Game today and also Bobby Bowden after the FSU game in that they both took Reggie Aside and spent Time encouraging him..I mean it wasn't the usual handshake..i mean it was for a few minutes and some real encouraging going on....Just a class act from both coaches.....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
I thought it was a class act on Behalf of Amato after the Game today and also Bobby Bowden after the FSU game in that they both took Reggie Aside and spent Time encouraging him..I mean it wasn't the usual handshake..i mean it was for a few minutes and some real encouraging going on....Just a class act from both coaches.....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's very nice to hear and yes, very classy.

Quote:

I mean it wasn't the usual handshake..i mean it was for a few minutes and some real encouraging going on....Just a class act from both coaches.....

Or, both of them were encouraging RB to transfer.
wink.gif

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Quote:

I mean it wasn't the usual handshake..i mean it was for a few minutes and some real encouraging going on....Just a class act from both coaches.....

Or, both of them were encouraging RB to transfer.
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I know your KIDDING...No coach in is right mind would do that and jeapordize his job/career!!!!

I re-watched the game on tape last night and toward the end of the game, I also noticed Amato shaking hands with several refs. If I read his lips correctly he was saying "Good job". Don't remember ever seeing a coach do this. Good to see random acts of class from coaches.

I was also impressed by Coach Amato by the way he handled himself after the game. First class all the way

The FSU boards are starting to sound like they
are glad not to face Ball for a few seasons and
they already expect a tough game when they come
back to face him as a Senior in BDS@HGF.

Originally posted by midatlantech:
[QB] I've seen Gailey multiple times apologize to a ref for one of our players actions AND take action immediately. QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This type behavior reinforces my impression of Gailey's personal character. Hopefully, by the end of the season, his coaching character will silence the bashing.

I was impressed with Amato also, but I want to add that Gailey has always impressed me with his repore with the refs. I've seen Gailey multiple times apologize to a ref for one of our players actions AND take action immediately. I include this only because Chan gets bashed for plenty and we need to recognize our own items for the win column.

Back