Just a Thought...

widgetbuzz

Varsity Lurker
I've heard so many people say that once VT and UM arrive in the ACC, Tech or anyone else for that matter won't see an ACC Championship. I was just looking back a few years and noticed that UNC beat VT 42 to 3 in the '99 Gator Bowl...Powerhouses like UM and VT can and do have less than steller years...I just hope that when they're down, we're up!!! BTW...Great job Coach Chan and Team against the Terps!!!

Agreed, though I will say that I still haven't figured out why everyone is so high on VT. Mike Vick single-handedly took them to the NC game but aside from that they have had pretty good teams the last 10 years. They are definitely NOT a powerhouse. They play in a weak conference and they have benefitted from that since they have begun fielding better teams in recent years.

Miami, on the other hand, is a team that I will worry about. I think the combination of Miami and FSU is what scares me the most...

You know, it will be tougher in confeence, especially now that VT and Miami will be in our division. But, the ACC will definitely have better bowl tie-ins and get better coverage. GT can compete with those schools. IMO greatly because of Chan Gailey.

Back