Just noticing some of the hires at UCF:...........

techsamillion

Flats Noob
1. South Carolina assistant Dave DeGuglielmo
2. Buffalo assistant Miles Aldridge
3. Stanford assistant Peter McCarty.

Trying to get a bead on it:

1. South Carolina did not do so well this year.
2. Buffalo: "the same" ?
3. Stanford/ Peter McCarty was not really PRONOUNCED as one of our assistants at Tech.

Conclusion:

1. Yes, I as "all" will be interested in the calibre coach of Coach O'L.
2. Again, as some of you have tired of me and others saying: "A coach is only as good as his assistants.
3. Coach O'L goes into a different brand of competition and freedom of recruiting. This should prouncely, conclusively show in the final standing: Considering all:
Coach O'L should go 9-3 or 9-2, or 9-12.

God bless him: One of College Football's greatest: Organizers, and Administrators: the rest has never been told (whoa, do not jump: just my opinion
smile.gif

Originally posted by techsamillion:
1. South Carolina assistant Dave DeGuglielmo
2. Buffalo assistant Miles Aldridge
3. Stanford assistant Peter McCarty.

Trying to get a bead on it:

1. South Carolina did not do so well this year.
2. Buffalo: "the same" ?
3. Stanford/ Peter McCarty was not really PRONOUNCED as one of our assistants at Tech.

Conclusion:

1. Yes, I as "all" will be interested in the calibre coach of Coach O'L.
2. Again, as some of you have tired of me and others saying: "A coach is only as good as his assistants.
3. Coach O'L goes into a different brand of competition and freedom of recruiting. This should prouncely, conclusively show in the final standing: Considering all:
Coach O'L should go 9-3 or 9-2, or 9-12.

God bless him: One of College Football's greatest: Organizers, and Administrators: the rest has never been told (whoa, do not jump: just my opinion
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The most important assistant he could ever recruit would be Ralph Friedgen.

I love Coach O...and appreciate what he did for us. However, the big question to answer is how he does without Ralph. With us, Coach O was 18-19 without Ralph and 34-14 with Ralph.

I wish him well...he deserves better than the way ND treated him.

You know, Hiver.........maybe they did him a favour, after all.
Boy, he went through some kind of "h..l"; seldom anyone would have to go through some public humiliation, but he withoustood, did not get ugly, and has landed on his feet.
Sure, N.D. was his dream, but often dreams easily turn to nightmares..........one day, N.D. will wish they had not acted so foolishly.....they will not admit it, but the college football world will know. The situation would be a dream for him and them (I personally think he would have had to make some staff changes after the first year), but give this man the proper staff and he will whip the world of college football.\
This from a Chan Man......Suppor Chan wholeheartedly as I would have O'L, should he have stayed.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
You know, Hiver.........maybe they did him a favour, after all.
Boy, he went through some kind of "h..l"; seldom anyone would have to go through some public humiliation, but he withoustood, did not get ugly, and has landed on his feet.
Sure, N.D. was his dream, but often dreams easily turn to nightmares..........one day, N.D. will wish they had not acted so foolishly.....they will not admit it, but the college football world will know. The situation would be a dream for him and them (I personally think he would have had to make some staff changes after the first year), but give this man the proper staff and he will whip the world of college football.\
This from a Chan Man......Suppor Chan wholeheartedly as I would have O'L, should he have stayed.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I always support our coach...no matter who it was. If I start to have concerns, after a couple of years, I forward those privately to the appropriate people. There is no way I would degrade our program and reputation by airing our families 'dirty laundry' for the rest of the world to see like some redneck from a farm school.

Back