Just now watching a taped replay of the

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
game...Did anyone else notice what an animal Dawan Landrey is at Safety..They just said on ABC that Coach Tenuta thinks he will be in the NFL...Someday...He ought to know as he put the whole Defensive starting backfield at Ohio State in the NFL the year he was DC There..

The move of Landrey from QB to Safety by Gailey was a masterstroke same as the Tony Hollings move last year..

Im just wandering when Coach picks someone else to make the move to RB???...Is there some athlete on our Squad that could make the transition and become that Stud back Gailey always seems to have on his team...Or does he wait on Grant next spring when he is healthy or go out and make that a priority in recruiting..I agree with the AJC article this morning saying that RB is our glaring weakness at this point...This will be very interesting to watch over the next few months or so...

Yes, Yes, & Uhmmm
Yes, I did notice the animal instinct in that man.
Yes, does seem to be an excellent stroke of coaching here to move him.
Uhmmmm, dunno what the Coach has in store but you better believe I'm looking forward to whatever it is. Looks like the Coach may have been sold short on his abilities at the college level. It appears to me that he is able to see the potential in a player that maybe the player doesn't even know about yet. Another mark of a great coach in my thinking.

Sorry guys, but Landry has been a DB since he arrived on The Flats(iirc).

Not so....from his official bio "Former backup in the secondary who will compete for a starting berth this spring . . . A starter on special teams who played in every game in 2002 and collected seven tackles . . . Former left-handed quarterback who moved to safety in the spring of 2002 . . . Quarterbacked Tech’s scout team while redshirting in 2001 but moved to defense to take advantage of his athletic ability.

My bad. Maybe he was just on the scout team that year as QB. I think it was either him or Logan.

Gtdean...

One thing for sure..Gailey knows what position to put a guy in that best suits his abilities...
I forget who said it..Maybe it was Emmitt Smith or Jay Feidler..But the quote from an NFL guy was something to that effect..Me thinks Bilbo also will succeed at some permanent position and at sometime down the road...

I really am looking forward to that one guy Gailey makes into the next Tony Hollings or Emmitt Smith here at GT..In the very near future i hope....

One thing for sure..Gailey knows what position to put a guy in that best suits his abilities...
I forget who said it..Maybe it was Emmitt Smith or Jay Feidler..But the quote from an NFL guy was something to that effect
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That observation was made, as I recall, by Rocket Ismail.

And, for the sake of accuracy and not to diminish the point, Hollings is the one who suggested the position change to running back.

However, it is pretty obvious at this point (even before yesterday) that Gailey knows who to put where. His personnel decision making is flawless as are his game plans.

I haven't read the whole board yet but the silence from two fonts in particular is DEAFENING.
grin.gif

Yeah...I read that Hollings came to Gailey thing too...But to think Gailey didnt have a lot to do with the move would be very naive...Just like Emmitt at Dallas and the RB at Pittsburgh Gailey has a reputation of developing players..Especially RBs.....

How about the play of James Butler in his first start at the Flats. He even motione to the West stands in the 2nd qt to get up and make noise, this young man has the right attitude and heart.
Also hits like a mule kick.

Like to throw in the move of Wilkerson from never used LB to awesome DE. Brilliant.

Ditto, Landry deserves a lot of praise. He really seems to have magical football instincts.

Well, because of his "specialness", he won't be leaving the cornerback position, but Kenny Scott played RB as well as CB in high school. I honestly think he's got the size and speed that he could have pro potential at either position. Someone who might get some consideration making plays at the "Slash" position is I-Perfection Harris. According to Rivals, he had 17 runs of over 50 yards in his final season (that is counting 4 as a punt returner) and I understand the kid is a burner! Who knows? We may see some of him running the ball in special circumstances.

Back