just suppose

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ccujacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:
Actually it's sputtered on and off the field since the year before Gailey got here. George's last year was all sputter and the offseason was just as bad with resumegate. It didn't start with Chan.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You must be joking all our problems are a direct result of Coach Gailey.
pat.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahhh... another fresh opinion from another clueless fan. Go relive the 2001 season. I think you'll see problems that existed before Chan got here.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, CG sure ain't set the world on fire since he got here. One down and eleven to go.

GATA JACKETS!!

I don't care how many games he loses, I'm in favor of giving Gailey a lifetime contract if he'll go to Braine's office with some empty boxes and a handtruck and start cleaning it out.

BOR: "Go relive the 2001 season. I think you'll see problems that existed before Chan got here."

Strange, people from just one year can tell the wheels were falling off O'Leary's machine without Fridge. But, how do they feel about one year judgments of Gailey? One year does not make a trend.

Oh, yeah, O'Leary was mediocre without Fridge the first couple of years. But, how many years does it take to build a program after a coaching change at Tech? Common wisdom seems to say three.

Lay off O'Leary. Your own defenses of Gailey can be just as aptly be applied to O'Leary. I get tired of everyone (pro and anti CG's) dragging O'Leary into the mix.

Oh, yeah. 30 point losses to Auburn and FSU are no reason to call for Gailey's head.

Oh, yeah, O'Leary was mediocre without Fridge the first couple of years. But, how many years does it take to build a program after a coaching change at Tech? Common wisdom seems to say three.

We sure have a lot of people around here without any common sense. IIRC Nathogt himself has had some detrimental things to say about Chan, but I could be wrong.
rolleyes.gif

And GoldZ, did you notice that Clemson plays two patsies the next two weeks while we get Auburn and FSU? That flat out stinks. If french fry beats us it will be because of that IMHO.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Actually it's sputtered on and off the field since the year before Gailey got here. George's last year was all sputter and the offseason was just as bad with resumegate. It didn't start with Chan.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Absolutely agree with you 100%. Which was even more of a reason to hire a quality College coach, with DIV 1 experience (not necessarily a head coach, but one who had at least been a coordinator for a Div 1 program.) Someone who we didnt have to "teach" to handle kids and all these things they go through as Gailey would say. Look, Gailey just submitted a resume which looks good and as Dave Braine said, "after 30 minutes I knew he was the right man for the job..." What? 30 minutes. It's Braine that needs to go so that Gailey has a competent AD to back him and his plan or not. Gailey has been let down by Braine, but that doesnt mean anybody has a free pass. It is "fair" to give Gailey a chance but just because O'Leary this or that doesnt mean everyone is always on same timetable. It is up to the AD to decide how confident he is in the plan, and our AD has no backing therefore Gailey will continue to be out on an island.

Gnome, I don't disagree with your overall message. I think Gailey can be a good HC, but he wouldn't have been my first choice. Now that he's here however, we need to give him the support he needs to build the program back. Braine is another story with me. I don't honestly think everything that's happened has been his fault (I've worked at Universities and can't believe the academic stuff didn't start at the Provost/President's level) but he is at a point that no matter what he does he steps in it again. I think it would be to everyone's best interests to make a change at AD.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Gnome, I don't disagree with your overall message. I think Gailey can be a good HC, but he wouldn't have been my first choice. Now that he's here however, we need to give him the support he needs to build the program back. Braine is another story with me. I don't honestly think everything that's happened has been his fault (I've worked at Universities and can't believe the academic stuff didn't start at the Provost/President's level) but he is at a point that no matter what he does he steps in it again. I think it would be to everyone's best interests to make a change at AD.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And that is where we disagree (regarding Gailey)...But, I want an AD that knows what he is doing. So does Gailey I assure you. Unfortunately, timing and fairness sometimes dont mix in life. And we seriously should make some judgements towards the end of this year on Gailey- but the problem is, you cant have the current AA, AD etc taking part in those decisions because they are the problem. I am not going to worry about because if Gailey has this team fight in every game, and not lay down, then he will be here another year (as long as we win a few.) I still would take the '97 7-win season over last year's 7-win season anyday, but that's just my perception and opinion on how I see the program.

GTCrew, if we do not get players hurt in the Auburn and FSU games, it will be to our advantage to have played them as opposed to Clemson playing weaker teams.

We should be stouter and more battle tested than Clemson at that time. You get better when you play better teams, and you tend to digress when you play weaker teams.

Father Time

Ahso is right and I keep telling you CG will be coaching here next year this time.

GTCrew,as ahsoisee points out, that could indeed work in our favor. Regardless, there can't be yet another convenient excuse. The Clemson game will likely say a lot more about the program than one game generally does/should.

Dave, CCG's probability of return will be significantly impacted by the CU game. He will be facing a soon to be former D-1 coach and a talent base not so different than ours, plus we are at home. I for one believe we begin the turnaround at TB's expense. THWG

Back