Justin Thomas commits to GT

BOS

Flats Noob
I think it's time we have a super speeder at QB. I love this commit.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
The Bama media claimed that we ducked them. In fact, they called us back after CPJ was hired and said "yo, we're not coming to your place. You come to our place and then we'll play at the Georgia Dome for the other game." And we said "Hell no, original deal or no deal." And they went to their media and said "GT called it off."
Not surprised. Alabama has a storied history of lying and cheating.

underdoddgt

Varsity Lurker
Great pickup! I'm glad we're accumulating talent at the most important position. That will serve us well in the next few years.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
I'm claiming both. It's inaccurate because the only sources on the matter suggest that we backed out.

It also doesn't make sense because if Bama had wanted to change the deal to the dome, WE wouldn't have backed out. Nor would they have been able to back out, without paying a pretty hefty fee (most contracts guarantee something along the lines of damages if a comparable opponent can't be found - there aren't many opponents comparable to Bama, especially when our stadium never sells out).
Why wouldn't we? You think playing in the dome is the same as a home game?

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
I am excited about Vad's arm but if this kid can still fly when he gets here...we might not ever need to pass.

WhiteNGold

Flats Noob
I am excited about Vad's arm but if this kid can still fly when he gets here...we might not ever need to pass.
Or we could put Vad at QB, Thomas at aback, Simms at bback, and another at the other aback slot. 4 QB's on the field at the same time ... Oh the trick plays we could run! He'll screw the wildcat we could have the hive.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
The only trick play we need to run is where we block everyone and run in untouched for a td

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
Or we could put Vad at QB, Thomas at aback, Simms at bback, and another at the other aback slot. 4 QB's on the field at the same time ... Oh the trick plays we could run! He'll screw the wildcat we could have the hive.
I kept waiting for this from Sims this year, and when we finally threw the HB pass, it was the WR Melton who did it, not Sims.

:dunno:

Nashville Jacket

Dodd-Like
I kept waiting for this from Sims this year, and when we finally threw the HB pass, it was the WR Melton who did it, not Sims.

:dunno:
Doesn't matter. Sims or any other QB playing at the time would not have made that throw any better Melton's attempt :hsugh:

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Why does Sims at B-Back excite you? He's not very good.

WhiteNGold

Flats Noob
Why does Sims at B-Back excite you? He's not very good.
/sarcasm off

I was jesting at us having so many QB's who are interchangeable (to a small extent) in our offense. While I was being sarcastic it is a possibility since we love recruiting the so called athlete. I (and I guess I'm pretty much alone) thought it humorous. Truthfully I pull for a guy like Perkins at bback - big strong, physical, and who hits the hole quickly (while holding on to the ---- ball of course).

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
I'd be excited to have Thomas/Bostic at AB and Hill/Greene at WR in a 2 minute drill next year. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Thomas is a QB and that's the position he will play in the long run, but it would be cool to put in a couple of burners at AB when we have to throw downfield.

AE 87

Dodd-Like
I'd be excited to have Thomas/Bostic at AB and Hill/Greene at WR in a 2 minute drill next year. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Thomas is a QB and that's the position he will play in the long run, but it would be cool to put in a couple of burners at AB when we have to throw downfield.
Actually, I was thinking the same thing. It's unlikely, not impossible, that he'll win the starting qb job in the summer. However, I think that we'll still want him on the field.