Justin Thomas isn't afraid...

recktification

Varsity Lurker
I lurk here all the time, but rarely post. As I watched the replay of today's game, I decided there was a point I wanted to make.

Justin Thomas isn't afraid of a "bad play" ... we had plenty of those yesterday. Tackled for loss, two fumbles, a couple of errant passes, etc.

The difference is, you don't ever sense that JT is that affected by them. Just line up the next time and get back going. JFN had the same trait...and so did Joe Hamilton.

I'm not an X or O guy...but it is clear that the difference in our season sits squarely at the QB slot...and not only have one great one in JT...we have a great back-up in Tim Byerly. In this system, QB is KING. And CPJ finally got what he was looking for in both 1st and 2nd string QBs....Let's see how far we can take this in 2014!

Justin Thomas isn't afraid of a "bad play" ... we had plenty of those yesterday. Tackled for loss, two fumbles, a couple of errant passes, etc.

The difference is, you don't ever sense that JT is that affected by them. Just line up the next time and get back going. JFN had the same trait...and so did Joe Hamilton.

CPJ said after the game in the press conference that the whole team is like that. They aren't affected by bad things that happen.

I definitely agree. Watching our first plays and series', it was hard not to think this would be "one of those games" where nothing works- I know I thought that, and that was all over the early game thread as well!

But... It wasn't.

I think that has a lot to do with our QB not freaking out, but continuing to try to make good reads rather than trying to score a TD on every play. I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Whole team has matured a lot since first three games. Even the two losses clearly we're learning experiences for them. JT5 is proving to be an outstanding leader. Next couple of years is going to be fun as he grows more. Looking forward to seeing JN's attitude with an effective passing option built in.

His back shoulder throws to Smelter are perfection.

Back