K Dan Burnett may jump to golf for GT!

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep, seems he's an accomplished golfer & will 'walk-on' the golf team as soon as his 1 & only season as the starter for the Tech football team ends. Burnett is currently tied for 2nd in the ACC with 11 FGs this yr. Quite a feat for the rSr walk-on from Parkview. He finished as runner-up in the NFL's national Punt, Pass & Kick contest when he was 11.
Let me say this before jumping to the article:
The Macon Telegragh continues to beat the crapola out of the AJC in GT articles. Not only do they beat the s--- outta the Atlanta paper in number of articles, but also in coverage, depth, variety & interviews. The Telegraph is so superior to the AJC, as far as Tech is concerned, that you'd think they were from different states. OK, I'm done.
Here's an excellent article on Tech K, Dan Burnett:

Burnett may be a 2 sport star

Murphy and the Macon Telegraph DO do a MUCH better and more thorough job of covering GT, BUT as has been noted in the Telegraph, Macon has one of the largest GT contingents in the state.

Could be more than a coincidence there.

But not even in the same paragraph as the large GT fan base contingent in the Atlanta area. This is the fan base that GT needs to drive down to the stadium on game day to fill it up.
Ga Tech could really, really use these kinds of articles in the Atlanta paper to get our fan base up & ready to travel to North Ave for our games.

Another vote of appreciation for the Macon rag.

The AUC should audit them and try to to figure out what they (the AUC) are doing wrong and they (the Telegraph) are doing right. But of course, they aren't that smart.

One of the problems is the owner: AJC is a COX (ie we suck) newspaper, while the Macon Telegraph is a Knight-Ridder paper. However, you can't mark it all up to good ownership, because the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer is a Knight-Ridder paper and it would be hard to justify the 50cents for purchasing that paper...even if you just needed it for something to paper-train your dog!

I think you can attribute the success to good management at the MT.

Back