Keep the faith

Tshirt Man

Varsity Lurker
I think most of us expected to be 2-1 after three games. In typical Tech fashion, they get our hopes up just to öööö the bed.

We still have a solid offense and the defense is still a question mark. Other than the way it played out, we shouldn't be surprised after three games. With our schedule this year, 7-8 wins will be a pretty good year and I think a realistic expectation.

Next year is the year. Schedule appears to be easier, a year to establish the defense under a new coordinator, another year of experience for Key.

Expecting the play offs this year is probably not realistic but I really think we can make a run next year.

We were out coached today but I still have faith in Key and staff. They have us trending in the right direction. The future is bright, enjoy the ride.

I think most of us expected to be 2-1 after three games. In typical Tech fashion, they get our hopes up just to öööö the bed.

We still have a solid offense and the defense is still a question mark. Other than the way it played out, we shouldn't be surprised after three games. With our schedule this year, 7-8 wins will be a pretty good year and I think a realistic expectation.

Next year is the year. Schedule appears to be easier, a year to establish the defense under a new coordinator, another year of experience for Key.

Expecting the play offs this year is probably not realistic but I really think we can make a run next year.

We were out coached today but I still have faith in Key and staff. They have us trending in the right direction. The future is bright, enjoy the ride.
So Syracuse under a first year head coach is already better than us, but we should wait another year?

I don't expect them to make the playoffs this year either.

I'm also not saying we can't make the playoffs this year. Just don't think it is a realistic expectation.

This is no time for a Billy Joel song, especially after losing to a team from New York.

This definitely isn't doomsday. But fellas, this is now professional football and when money is out there, results are due. Timelines that used to exist are much more compressed for all parties involved. No further discussion is really necessary.

This definitely isn't doomsday. But fellas, this is now professional football and when money is out there, results are due. Timelines that used to exist are much more compressed for all parties involved. No further discussion is really necessary.
I see your point and don't disagree completely but don't think it is realistic to expect being one of the top 11 teams in Keys 2nd full year, especially at Tech. Maybe Oregon or A&M but we don't have that kind of money.

Today sucked but I'm happy with the direction the program seems to be heading.

I see your point and don't disagree completely but don't think it is realistic to expect being one of the top 11 teams in Keys 2nd full year, especially at Tech. Maybe Oregon or A&M but we don't have that kind of money.

Today sucked but I'm happy with the direction the program seems to be heading.

My expectations are fluid, I don't expect playoffs but I do expect to see the gas pedal being pressed for the rest of the season.

It's right not to compare us to a&m or Oregon because if I was a tamu fan, as much money as they have dumped into that program with those results, I'd be lighting öööö on fire by now.

This is no time for a Billy Joel song, especially after losing to a team from New York.
Don't be afraid to try again
Everyone goes south
Every now and then, ooh-ooh
You've done it, why can't someone else?
You should know by now
You've been there yourself

Our margin of error is small.
It will remain small.
Today, we saw how small that margin is, even without a bunch of turnovers.

What were Key’s steps to build the team?

1 Learn how not to lose.
2 Learn how to win.
3 Learn to win consistently.

Well we played like ööööing losers. Back to square one. We are garbage.

FYI- Tech wasn't the only team today crapped the bed today:

ND
Auburn
Iowa

Let's keep this in perspective.

Bama could have easily lost today. It's actually really crazy how the score got out of hand so late, lots of ref ööööery but whatevs.

Definitely not writing this team off.

Time will tell how good we are.

College football is nuts and I love Tech, but I'm glad regulated big boy football has started with the NFL.

10 years ago id never have been so exited for the NFL to start. The college game is just crazy and stupid right now.

I hate the lack of accountability CBK took for the performance on saturday. Really rubs me the wrong way. Team was outhustled and out coached.

Back